Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 12:41 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,108 times

Advertisements

Glad she took up for the child.

Mother abuses and yells at child in Walmart in Vineland, NJ - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 12:49 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,080 times
Sorry It's hard to tell from that video if it was intentional or not. At first glance, it looks like an accident.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:51 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,586,985 times
It was clearly an accident, but the mother is still stupid for letter her kid stand up in a cart like that.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:55 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
She isn't a multitasker clearly. Put the phone down lady and pay attention.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:17 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Umm... the bigger problem is that someone chose to pull out their phone/camera and film this situation instead of walking over to the child in the cart and saying, to the child and her mother, "Honey that's very dangerous. Why don't you sit down in the cart? I'll help your mom look for the size shirt you need."

Instead we've turned into a society who can't WAIT for an accident to happen in front of them so they can make a video and put it in the internet. That to me is sad and, frankly, disgusting.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:22 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It was clearly an accident, but the mother is still stupid for letter her kid stand up in a cart like that.
The mother knew her little girl was standing in the cart when she pulled on the cart. How could she have told her to sit down if she was talking on her cell phone. She was clearly not interested in her safety. She barely consoles her daughter. She also has a cast on her wrist. Makes you wonder.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:27 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,733,986 times
I didn't see any abuse at all. Just a cell phone addiction which is rampant in this world today.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
She barely consoles her daughter.
NO ONE does. No one checks the back of the child's head.

None of the people yelling at the mother consoles the child or offers help. The person filming this did not stop filming to console the child or call for help, even though this child's head hit the floor.

There's more than enough blame and horrendous behavior to pass around among the adults involved in this. I repeat: disgusting.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:29 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,733,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
So I guess you are one of those parents whose entire life is spent avoiding risk. I applaud this mother for letting her kid a little fun in the shopping cart.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:31 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,154,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Umm... the bigger problem is that someone chose to pull out their phone/camera and film this situation instead of walking over to the child in the cart and saying, to the child and her mother, "Honey that's very dangerous. Why don't you sit down in the cart? I'll help your mom look for the size shirt you need."

Instead we've turned into a society who can't WAIT for an accident to happen in front of them so they can make a video and put it in the internet. That to me is sad and, frankly, disgusting.
Do you ever wonder why people don't do just what you advise? It's because, invariably, the parent will strike an attitude of, "How dare you tell me what to do with my kid!" They will certainly pull that attitude with other customers and they will also do it when an employee advises them to keep their kids out of the cart. This is something with which I have a lot of experience.

By far, the most disgusting aspect of this is the incompetent parent. Let's count the ways:

1. Having her kid standing in the cart in the first place.

2. Even if we believe her story, which I don't, that she believed the kid was sitting down, she jerks the cart back without making sure the kid is at least sitting down.

3. Getting in a screaming match with the other women in front of her kids.

I can't make out whether she was yelling at her kid before the fall, so I can't say for sure, but I don't doubt she was and that's why someone began recording. They should have been recording it, as we've seen. I also agree that the women should have confronted her before that, but I understand why most people have been conditioned to stay out of doing just that.

To drive a car, practice medicine, sell real estate, go fishing, you must have a license. We let anyone procreate, no matter their mental diseases, addictions, criminal histories, including sex crimes, ability to provide for the needs of their kids or anything. We should not be surprised that we have so many broken people when they were conceived by broken parents who haven't the faintest idea how to raise a kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting