Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 05:57 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times

Advertisements

My kids squabble and argue, but they also stick up for one another, play games together and genuinely like as well as love one another.

I have two brothers. One is 2 years younger than me, and while we fought like cats and dogs as kids (though never to the point of really hurting each other), we started getting along well when we were in our teens... we needed to present a united front to our parents and sometimes cover for each other, LOL. My other brother is 6 years younger than me. He was always "the baby" growing up, so I never bothered to fight with him, but we also didn't have a close relationship. I'm fairly close with both of them now, although we live many miles apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 06:00 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Being Catholic isn't enough, but it's powerful when one makes a serious attempt to live up to the teachings of the Church. A habit of frequent confession, especially, does wonders for peace in the family.

As for homeschooling facilitating friendship, it works because the children spend a lot more time together - and without much competition from peers at school.
I agree with this; my kids are homeschooled, and they simply have had to find ways to get along, even on days they'd rather not. In our group of homeschooled friends, the siblings all seem to get along well and include each other in their games and discussions, for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting