Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 03:46 PM

1,482 posts, read 1,378,646 times

Advertisements

I went through with both of my sons. I informed them that they were going to act like the grown ups they thought they were. They were 16 and 17. In the same conversation I told them they could hate me if they wanted, but they needed to remember it was their fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 03:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post

Not sure from this post about college plans/etc. My goal here would be to ensure my sons life isn't wrecked by this event. If there is support, I would definitely take it up until College is finished. This day and age, no college = no future.
What does "take it up" mean?

Old 09-11-2012, 04:00 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,394,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What does "take it up" mean?
I think the poster means that he/she that if her college aged son got a girl pregnant - they would pay his child support until the son graduates from college?

Old 09-18-2012, 01:34 PM

436 posts, read 1,523,186 times
UPDATE

DS told us that the girl had an abortion.

I know that the girl was a willing participant and not an innocent victim in this whole thing, but I still feel bad that she now has to live with this for the rest of her life. Meanwhile, DS has moved on completely. I just hope that both of them have learned a valuable lesson.

Thanks for all the words of advice!

Old 09-18-2012, 01:51 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
I think the poster means that he/she that if her college aged son got a girl pregnant - they would pay his child support until the son graduates from college?
That is what I meant, though if the kid bailed on college my support would end.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:53 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamom1 View Post
UPDATE

I know that the girl was a willing participant and not an innocent victim in this whole thing, but I still feel bad that she now has to live with this for the rest of her life. Meanwhile, DS has moved on completely. I just hope that both of them have learned a valuable lesson.

Well - I guess - I'm sorry to hear? not sure. . .I know if it was me, I would be very disappointed all around. The lost grand child. The stupid decisions. My son moving on without giving it another thought . . .

very depressing

Old 09-18-2012, 11:59 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
UPDATE

That was a close call for your son. I would not let him think he's "off the hook" now, he needs to learn from this ordeal to ensure there isn't another similar situation with the next flavor of the month.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:33 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Well - I guess - I'm sorry to hear? not sure. . .I know if it was me, I would be very disappointed all around. The lost grand child. The stupid decisions. My son moving on without giving it another thought . . .

very depressing
i agree completely.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:37 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
That was a close call for your son. I would not let him think he's "off the hook" now, he needs to learn from this ordeal to ensure there isn't another similar situation with the next flavor of the month.
I REALLY agree with this.

I'm not saying that your son is "that type" but I've heard of teen guys that have gotten numerous girls pregnant without giving a moment of thought and concern for the girl, the potential child or either family.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:53 AM

885 posts, read 1,881,585 times
Quote:
UPDATE

Great news. Take a deep breath and have him neutered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting