Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 10:45 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Ever hear of the housing projects? there's your answer.
Do you even understand how welfare works? I've read a variety of your posts in other threads and you come off as extremely ignorant, and uninformed about welfare, government assistance and single moms. On one hand you claim that people who collect welfare and government assistance get more than you do, and have better cars, etc than you do. And you say it isn't fair. Then on here you say that they are collecting welfare and gov't assistance to stay in the projects? Which is it? Do they have a life of glam and freebies or are they living in the projects with multiple baby daddies?

I mean have you been to the projects and do you have personal relationships with people that have multiple kids to stay on welfare, or are you just spewing uninformed ignorant faux news opinions? Me thinks it's the latter.

Welfare has restrictions for those who get on it. They give you a very minimal "cash amount" and you are required to cooperate with the state on every level--which includes finding employment. You cannot stay on welfare for long. And you have to get a job, and eventually pay it back. So anyone having multiple kids so that they can stay on welfare forever is sadly mistaken since it is time sensitive, requires complete cooperation--which includes using all gov't job resources to find a job, and only a certain time frame. Even then the money is very minimal--I dare you to look up how much one gets in "cash benefits". It is nowhere near enough to support a family even in the projects.

This is how I am sure that you are just uninformed. You see I've worked with single mom's as a volunteer and have had family members who at certain times were on gov't assistance. That is how I KNOW about it, how do you?

By the way as a former Illinois resident I'm embarrassed for you, out of all the years I lived in IL I never once encountered anyone that resembles the people you describe. Either you live in a crappy area, or you just have crappy friends/associates that do these things. As others Illinois residents have said--your experiences simply don't mirror ours.

Last edited by sunkisses87; 09-11-2012 at 10:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 11:30 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
I know many who have been on assistance in Illinois and were on for YEARS. Yes most had multiple kids too. How many do you actually know on welfare? probably not but are being brainwashed by the media that says they need welfare. Um no wrong answer.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:33 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
If a single man or woman wants to have a child and uses donor sperm/egg+surrogate to have a child, or adopts a child, is this right?

Do you think this is too unfair to the child, or do you think the single adult has the right to be a parent under their own terms?
I think anyone who gives a loving home to a child who doesn't have one is a saint. The frozen Pop thing? I don't like it.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:50 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I know many who have been on assistance in Illinois and were on for YEARS. Yes most had multiple kids too. How many do you actually know on welfare? probably not but are being brainwashed by the media that says they need welfare. Um no wrong answer.
You know people that were on welfare for YEARS? I highly doubt that and I don't believe you AT ALL. Food stamps, medicaid, yes I can believe that. But welfare? NOPE. I don't believe you. Again you must associate with some lowlifes or crappy people because I know no one that fits the criteria you've said and I lived in IL the majority of my life.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:52 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
The welfare debate is not really relevant to this thread, thanks.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:00 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Ummm, you mean people actually want kids, and plan to have them? Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting