U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 05:29 PM

4,253 posts, read 8,625,069 times

Advertisements

The LOVE shining in the family pictures:

Excellent family pictures photography | AntsMagazine.Com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 01:52 AM

16,482 posts, read 22,481,291 times
So are you saying people should have kids so they can get beautiful family photos made?

Old 09-25-2012, 07:42 AM

414 posts, read 625,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
So are you saying people should have kids so they can get beautiful family photos made?
Couldn't you just rent a child/family instead? It would probably be cheaper.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:02 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,608,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
haha!

And really...aside from the one picture of the family running through the fountain, they are pretty mediocre at best. I take better photos of my family becasue I know them best. No photographer can capture that.

I think this was a shameless plug to drum up some business. FAIL.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:35 AM

25,906 posts, read 38,763,422 times
The OP has been a member for four years. She's not a spammer.

I thought it was a nice sentiment, Nuala. We don't take a lot of photos, but some people do have sweet ones. My extended family had some taken a couple years ago, and my favorites are candid shots of my parents goofing off and me messing with my sister. There's also a great picture of my grandparents: my grandmother is looking up at my grandfather, having just said something, and he's laughing. That was the beginning of my grandmother's becoming really ill, and I will probably not see either of them in that happy moment together again. My sister and I gave them a tryptich (sorry if I misspelled that), a picture of the granddaughters smiling nicely flanked by the pictures of the real us.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:51 PM

16,921 posts, read 19,747,670 times
To be honest, I thought it was probably spam also.

My dh took most of the pictures of my kids and now takes lots of the pictures of my grandchildren. He really does get better ones than the professional photographers do especially when he does action shots.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:01 PM

32,525 posts, read 33,061,428 times
There were a variety of photographers credited. How that could be considered spam I do not know.

I enjoy looking at family photos even when I don't know the family. So, thanks, Nuala, for posting this. I can't say I'd have chosen some of the locales myself but if the family was happy... I say go for it.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:19 AM

25,278 posts, read 36,379,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
The LOVE shining in the family pictures:

Excellent family pictures photography | AntsMagazine.Com
Okay, what is the family like the rest of the time? That will be your reason why some of us won't have kids.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:32 AM

2,540 posts, read 5,714,473 times
Nice pictures of families hiding behind smiles.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:43 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,608,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Okay, what is the family like the rest of the time? That will be your reason why some of us won't have kids.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahncss View Post
Nice pictures of families hiding behind smiles.
Exactly.

Didn't say it was a spam. Just said it seemed like a plug for a photography business. I didn't notice all the different photographers, just the forced smiles and fake poses. but then again, I'm not a fan of those formal family shots anyway. I do get Christmas photos done every year of just my kids, but they are always fun and show their personalities very well. However, this year, armed with my dream camera, I am doing them myself and can't wait.

I have thousands of photos of my family from over the years that I have taken and I cherish those more than the yearly pictures I have taken by someone else. I think I started going when my first son was born 11 years ago and just figured it was the thing to do and just kept it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting