Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 10:39 AM

448 posts, read 685,048 times

Advertisements

Doesn't mean everyone else is abusing their kids!!!!!

So a white lady saw my friend slap her son yesterday, in the train station. Mind you, her son was acting a ass. She decides to follow my friend, and call the cops.So now shes still sitting in central booking waiting to see a judge. I've heard these kind of stories a lot. Like people seriously need to mind their business.

And ACS needs to get their **** straight. Where was ACS and the cops when I used to get my ass WHOOPED? It was unheard of for them to take you away. Matter of fact, everyone I know that got whooped, are doing just fine. There was no such thing as a time out, or standing in the corner. You ****ed around, and you got a fire lit under ya ass!! Now in 2012, you can't even yell at your kids. You have to live in fear of disciplining your child, because ACS might take them away. Then when the kid grows up and wreaks havoc, everyone will say "your mother should've spanked you, when you were smaller".

So while we waste time on parents who spank, pluck or smack their kid, there really IS a kid out there being abused. But workers are too busy sweating the small stuff.

Just because you don't agree with with a lil pop now and then, doesn't make it wrong. I agree that is you see bruising, blood, broken bones etc, THEN call. Everything else, mind your damn business. Nosiness is the quickest way for YOU to get the **** slapped out of YOU.

/end rant. Sry, I was just really freaking mad................................. ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 10:56 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post

So a white lady saw my friend slap her son yesterday, in the train station. Mind you, her son was acting a ass. She decides to follow my friend, and call the cops.So now shes still sitting in central booking waiting to see a judge. I've heard these kind of stories a lot. Like people seriously need to mind their business.

And ACS needs to get their **** straight. Where was ACS and the cops when I used to get my ass WHOOPED? It was unheard of for them to take you away. Matter of fact, everyone I know that got whooped, are doing just fine. There was no such thing as a time out, or standing in the corner. You ****ed around, and you got a fire lit under ya ass!! Now in 2012, you can't even yell at your kids. You have to live in fear of disciplining your child, because ACS might take them away. Then when the kid grows up and wreaks havoc, everyone will say "your mother should've spanked you, when you were smaller".

So while we waste time on parents who spank, pluck or smack their kid, there really IS a kid out there being abused. But workers are too busy sweating the small stuff.

Just because you don't agree with with a lil pop now and then, doesn't make it wrong. I agree that is you see bruising, blood, broken bones etc, THEN call. Everything else, mind your damn business. Nosiness is the quickest way for YOU to get the **** slapped out of YOU.

/end rant. Sry, I was just really freaking mad................................. ....
Me and you could definitely hang lol... This point you just brought out here is why the education system is in freaking shambles... The D.O.E doesn't know how to stop the low test scores... the answer is easy... Stop making teachers baby sitters for students and have their parents actually discipline them at home so they know how to act in the classroom when they get there... Our job is to teach... how the hell can we do that when we have students telling us to f*** off every chance they get... And to the ignoramuses that will say youth have always been this way... Bull****... No we haven't... And you can check the statistics of the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s to confirm my point...

Specifically with Black and Hispanic youth... In the 70s and 80s there were far more success stories and minority students that went to specialized high schools, good colleges, received good degrees than in today's times... This, despite the fact that the black and hispanic population are probably at least double or triple what they were back then... Parents, discipline you're freaking kids and people like the post says Mind your own business and keep it moving...

Old 10-02-2012, 10:58 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
word. that lady could get your friend's kids sent
to a worse place for running her mouth.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:27 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,904,476 times
So this woman's discipline method is hitting them in public?
How lovely and caring of her!

I always see ghetto people hitting their children in public. People who are 'slightly' educated NEVER hit their children. Much less in a public setting.

There are better ways to teach your child besides using corporal punishment, you know?

I'm glad she's sitting in central booking right now, maybe she'll think twice before hitting her child in public again.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:30 AM

175 posts, read 352,892 times
Your friend shouldn't have beaten her son in a public train station. It's her fault that she is in jail, no one elses. She shows a complete lack of self control but wonders why her kids can't behave and be respectful of others. Where do you think her son learns his behavior.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:34 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Unfortunately tis the times and as adults we have to a bit smarter and not resort to hitting a child in public. As bad as that temper may get we have to rein it in. People will call ACS on you real quick. You have to save the more physical type of discipline for behind closed doors these days...

Old 10-02-2012, 11:37 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post

I can see that you getting hit by your parents when you were young helped you turn out just fine

Old 10-02-2012, 11:41 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,558 times
Any of my friends that got spanked grew up to be good people. I got spanked too. Getting a love tap from your parents isnt abuse, even though NYC liberals would have you believe it is. Kids are more hooked on drugs now then ever before. Why is that, ? Because they have been overpraised, overcoddled, and told how great they are. It's really sad what society is coming to. Timeout is just afor spineless parents who dont want to properly discipline their kids. That liberal think tank the American Association of Pediatrics came out 15 years ago and said to never touch your kids and constantly praise them. That advice has created a generation of unmotivated, lazy, entitlement minded kids who do drugs because theyve never had to deal with reality or be held accountable so they run to the drugs when the going gets tough. We are doomed.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:45 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
I don't see anything wrong with a parent slapping a child's bottom for instance, every once in a while. But if spanking, etc is all you do, you are not going to get good results... I see a lot of parents (mostly young mothers) that all they do is scream at or hit their kids. It's like a baseball player going for the homer each time, maybe early on they hit a lot of homers but eventually the pitchers figure it out and you start striking out...

Old 10-02-2012, 11:47 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
As usual the politically correct... who "never hit their children" are in full display... If your son or daughter is being rude/disrespectful/annoying, etc. which could have been learned by (i don't know) maybe fellow friends or students, unfortunately you are in a no-win situation... If you let the child continue to do this out of fear of public reaction, then the public judges you for not knowing how to raise your kids... If you decide that punishment is necessary and a quick slap to the head or whatever it may be will get the job done, you are considered an unfit parent and need to be arrested... Unfortunately, as I mentioned, this is the society we live in and it's why those problem children that end up becoming a menace to society from lack of discipline, continue to do as they please. FTR, to those who will bring up the fact that these issues have always been around... very true... and it was those same parents who were too afraid to discipline their kids in public as well as home who created the thugs that had entire neighborhoods on guard...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting