Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 04:14 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,800,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
liberals have redefined the word "model". Due to political correctness anybody can be one so nobody feels left out, and everybody's beautiful in their own way.
Like the word 'artist', it has become meaningless. They don't like definitions that don't incorporate everybody as equal.

Domino DollHouse Featured In All On The Line with Joe Zee | PLUS Model Magazine
So are you saying its liberals that mostly say every child is beautiful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 05:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I never understood how some people with ugly kids don't know they're ugly. I don't mean like just not particularly cute but really bizarre looking. People are just weird like that, like how girls never seem to know their friends are ugly. I could probably tell if my kid is ugly, I think a lot of my cousins are ugly.

If my kid was busted and wanted to be a model, I'd still never tell them they're ugly though, that's mean spirited. I'd just kind of push it off and not take them to any modeling things and let them forget about it. Also not every model is good looking, I can't remember her name but she's a tall dark black lady who's almost bald and has an ugly face and I remember she was on all the magazine covers in the 90s.
Funny thing ~ when you get to know a good person, you begin to care more about that than what they actually look like. After a while, you no longer think they are ugly because you enjoy spending time with them.

Ever heard don't judge a book by it's cover; beauty is only skin deep; beauty is in the eye of the beholder, etc etc etc.?

Beauty truly IS in the eye of the beholder. What you judge to be ugly, others may not. Most parents truly love their children and are not going to see them as unattractive simply because they love them. They love their soul; who they truly are ~ as such, it's almost impossible to see your own children as 'ugly'.

Then there's the old ~ you gotta work with what you got. IF, by chance, you had a child who did not meet the gold standard of 'beauty' (whatever that is) ~ you would simply encourage them to play to their strengths. Believe it or not, people do have other redeeming qualities.

Last edited by Ringo1; 10-21-2012 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 10-21-2012, 05:51 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,542,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So are you saying its liberals that mostly say every child is beautiful?
I said what I said, read it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting