Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 07:47 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,846,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Lot of itching going on out there.
I am wondering if it has anything to do with the styles of clothes now. A lot of kids clothes now are just a miniature version of adult clothes. Kids aren't built the same as adults. Kids also haven't built up a tolerance to little annoyances like adults have either.

I was also thinking about a lot of stores return policies now. A lot of stores make it hard to return things. It is much easier to just say it is a sensory issue (which it is if the clothes are causing an issue with the senses).

I know I have bought clothes for DD that I wished I had returned. She just would not wear them because the waistband hit in the wrong place or the sequins scratched her arm as she walked. It can be very hard shopping for little girls clothes because they are made for looks, not comfort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 08:41 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,926,720 times
hey---clothes for big girls i.e. women are made for looks and not comfort.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:09 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,157,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
We joke about 80s jeans that sit on women's wastes rather than hips. Every time we see a movie of that vintage, we laugh. They look funny! But I recall we had to hitch them up a whole lot less than the jeans of today.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:42 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,846,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I agree, but we are also a lot more used to being uncomfortable. Kids are still learning to deal with little issues.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:39 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,281,021 times
20 years of teaching...this can be an issue for some children, and often occupational therapy does help. It is not a spoiled child. Or a hypochondria parent. Often, there is another organic problem underlying this issue.

I had a child, stubborn little thing, she refused to wear any jeans or pants that would touch her tummy. From age 3....she wore a dress or overalls. Buying shoes for her was beyond me...she would try on every shoe, and hate them all...one hit her baby toe, one smashed her big toe...what can you do? They fuss and cry, and carry on...you don't just force them into a pair of jeans and boots and tell them to shut up. Too much drama....just let them figure it out...eventually, peer pressure helps. And, in my daughter's case...she does have ADHD....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting