Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 12:21 PM

72 posts, read 410,770 times

Advertisements

I got a call from my daughters' middle school principal today.
During a gym class, a boy pulled her pants down below her knees. Sadly she wears less than covering undies, (know what I mean).
I feel so bad for her, she has loved school up to this point.
What do you guys think about that.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:34 PM

45 posts, read 261,577 times
i certainly hope the miscreant was suspended from school.

your daughter should know that that was deviant behavior that should not be tolerated and CERTAINLY was not her fault and anyone who taunts her on account of it should also be reported to school authorities.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:37 PM

45 posts, read 261,577 times
and furthermore, anyone else trying such a low down dirty trick should be kicked in the face.

oooooo it just makes me SO MAD!

Old 10-16-2007, 12:46 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,602,508 times
Pantsing used to a common prank for guys to play on each other in the locker room, but seldom outside of that domain. I have to think that if a boy pantsed a girl it was more than simply a prank, but more likely rooted in sexual curiosity at the least.

I would have a talk with law enforcement to determine if this falls under the law as possibly a sex crime. If so, I would advise the principal of that possiblity and request that the boys parents be so advised. I would not press charges at this stage, but if any future actions occurred they are warned that charges will be pursued.

This is an incident that could be pivotal in both of their lives. She could be embarrassed by this to the point of social trauma, so she needs your support and (even moreso) her friends support. The boy needs to be appropriately punished for his indiscretion (purposeful or impulsive) and put on notice that he crossed a line and is now under intense scrutiny. If he gets away with it he is likely to repeat the event, possibly with more and more severity as he continues to suffer little or no consequence.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:53 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,906,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gubben1 View Post
I got a call from my daughters' middle school principal today.
During a gym class, a boy pulled her pants down below her knees. Sadly she wears less than covering undies, (know what I mean).
I feel so bad for her, she has loved school up to this point.
What do you guys think about that.

What a little $%^*&^#!
I am glad the school at least called you. Hopefully, that means the boy will
be dealt with.

Have her take Martial Arts...he'll be more than sorry if he ever thinks of doing it again.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:03 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,800,500 times
I agree ;what a little %^&.

Your daughter needs to yell out in class ; girls, watch out for so and so, he abuses women.

d

Old 10-16-2007, 01:12 PM

I appreciate all of the support, I was,still am so angry, I'm glad I wasn't just over reacting !

I asked the principal what would be the boys punishment and he said he was not allowed to tell me, privacy act or some crap......hello, the boy blew that when he pulled down my daughters pants.
She is a very strong girl so I hope this will just pass. It guess it would have been a bit less dramatic if she didn't wear thongs !
So far she is a straight A student and on the school sport teams, I hope none of that changes, kids can be so dang mean !!!
I hope we will look back on this years from now and laugh.

Thanks again for the support and advice.
I'll keep you posted on the situation !

Old 10-16-2007, 01:38 PM

273 posts, read 1,755,044 times
How old are these kids? If we are talking about anything beyond elementary school, you could be expelled for that in my area. Even elementary kids would get suspension.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:42 PM

This is middle school, my daughter is a 7th grader, 13yrs. old, so the range is probably 12 to 15, give or take.
I will say we live in North Carolina and this is in the Wake County School district

Old 10-16-2007, 01:51 PM

273 posts, read 1,755,044 times
OK, the boy was definitely old enough to know what he was doing! And that is such an important age for your daughter, being accepted at school, etc. I would press charges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting