Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 12:28 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,614,403 times

Advertisements

This poor dog gave all the signals, but this ignorance almost led to a serious issue.
Please pass this info on if you know anyone who may benefit.

Baby Jumps on Rottweiler - YouTube

Teaching Your Children to be Kind and Mindful of Dogs and Educating Others : Dog Obedience Training Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 12:50 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,968,058 times
Some people just do not deserve to be parents or pet owners, the laughter in the background tells me these people should be neither. That is one VERY tolerant dog, most would not be so laid back about being bounced on.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:11 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,054 times
Wow, that dog's behaviour was impressive. Far far better than the humans surrounding it.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:57 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
I am shocked that the dog didn't growl or nip at the child.

I would never allow a toddler to jump on a live animal. The parent & pet owner were crazy!

Old 01-10-2013, 03:08 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,216,270 times
Terrible parents, terrible pet owners.

That dog showed incredible tolerance. Our dog who is well-trained, a good dog and very used to our own young children would have 100% lunged and bitten my kids in the first 15 seconds if we allowed our kids to treat him in that manner -- no doubt in my mind.

Sidenote: Such a good dog, reminds me of Carl and his baby: http://www.amazon.com/Good-Dog-Carl-...=bookblog03-20

Old 01-10-2013, 03:09 PM

426 posts, read 791,663 times
They are so lucky to have a great dog. I would never allow my child or any other child treat my dog that way.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:13 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
This clip could have ended so much differently, but then the moron behind the camera wouldn't have posted it because he'd be too busy driving the kid to the hospital to have his face reattached. His witless glee is disturbing. Should not have children or pets. I doubt they realize how close the kid was to being maimed at the point they are encouraging him to "give Scooby a kiss!" That is one helluva dog, deserves a better home. If that kid was hopping up and down on me like that I wouldn't have behaved as well as the Rotti.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:53 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
Terrible parents, terrible pet owners.

That dog showed incredible tolerance. Our dog who is well-trained, a good dog and very used to our own young children would have 100% lunged and bitten my kids in the first 15 seconds if we allowed our kids to treat him in that manner -- no doubt in my mind.

Sidenote: Such a good dog, reminds me of Carl and his baby: Good Dog, Carl: Alexandra Day: 9780689817717: Amazon.com: Books
I love the Carl books!

Old 01-10-2013, 04:00 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,195 times
Just an observation, as some people may have viewed this differently - the problem was the child, not the fact the the dog was a Rottweiler.

Most reported dog bites are from small dogs, rather than large dogs.

This behavior would have been inappropriate if the pet was a cat.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:38 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,851,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Just an observation, as some people may have viewed this differently - the problem was the child, not the fact the the dog was a Rottweiler.

Most reported dog bites are from small dogs, rather than large dogs.

This behavior would have been inappropriate if the pet was a cat.
And if the poor dog HAD bitten the child mauling it, the owners would have likely euthanized it and maligned the breed. Some people honestly can't read dog body language. That dog is screaming that it isn't comfortable, it's just no one involved can hear it.

Teaching basic respect for all animals needs to start young. Someday this kid will try jumping on a less tolerant animal and it won't end well. I was badly bitten in the face by our pet Pekingese when I was young. My brother threw a pillow and I leaned over the dog to 'protect' him while the dog was chewing a bone. My brother got a long lecture about throwing things, I got a long lecture about looming over a dog while it was eating, and the dog went on being a dog. The dog never bit before that or after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting