Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 PM

607 posts, read 855,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I think it's hysterical that the two posters on this thread who are bashing younger parents, are both grown adults still suckling from the parental tit, with exactly ZERO exposure to the realities of life.

Yet still they think they are in the position to tell the rest of us what to do.

Amazing.
1) how am i sucking from my parents tit

2) what does one have to do w another? (bolded)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 10:52 PM

448 posts, read 685,306 times
Oh wait.

How come no one told me these are trolls?

I'm out.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,811 times
Badger what happened to that sweet guy that was so sorry for his mistake when he posted that girls photo on line for his buddies to devour? What happened to that guy? Are you suddenly so heartless?

Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I think it's hysterical that the two posters on this thread who are bashing younger parents, are both grown adults still suckling from the parental tit, with exactly ZERO exposure to the realities of life.

Yet still they think they are in the position to tell the rest of us what to do.

Amazing.
I'm not supported by my parents but nice try. Even if I was, that is different than being supported by taxpayers.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:55 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
I don't care for the idea, but some people do. If it works for them ... or if their RELIGION tells them to, then c'est la vie.

When I finished college, some people, at 22 or 23, already knew who they were going to marry and had jobs lined up with decent outfits which they kept. They were not considering additional school. It wasn't their bag. For those people, that's 7 years in which to crank out a kid or two, and they did just that.

I only had one weird "friend" who was very uptight about this. He seriously got wigged out with guys who weren't married by 30. And this is Southern California. He went to law school, finished at almost 26, got married the following summer, and even cranked out 2 kids before he turned 30. He was an unremarkable beta who did everything in his power to appear more alpha, and a real horse's ass.

My Dad, who was older than my Mom, starting having us in his early 40s. But he also immigrated to 2 other continents popular with Europeans to find work, and then came back to Europe and married my Mom upon being sponsored into the U.S. He was a little tired to have kids that late. In hindsight, I can see it.

211 posts, read 172,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
It's a problem when we see what we do today with multiple baby mamas/baby daddies and people sleeping together by the third date. Now having sex but knowing a couple is going to marry to me is different.
It's tough because it's pleasurable, because everybody does it, and because most women will think you're gay if you're not proceeding in that direction. There is a lot of social pressure and that's sometimes where the "When in Rome (you have to) do what the Romans do" thing comes into play.

I don't know the answer. The ideal is to stick to your guns ... but the reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I use that expression.

Kids are sponges. I was sitting around my friend with the Colombian wife's breakfast nook, talking about life. We were talking about idiots who have kids. His young daughter was playing by herself in the family room, right next to us. About these idiots, I said "If you can't afford em, then don't have em."

She looks up from what she's doing and says to me "You've said that before." I had, within the previous year.
Kids are a lot smarter than what we give them credit for at times. I like how honest kids are.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Badger what happened to that sweet guy that was so sorry for his mistake when he posted that girls photo on line for his buddies to devour? What happened to that guy? Are you suddenly so heartless?
I sincerely feel bad for that.

Im not sure how this thread and that one are related, though.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzyteBob View Post
It's tough because it's pleasurable, because everybody does it, and because most women will think you're gay if you're not proceeding in that direction. There is a lot of social pressure and that's sometimes where the "When in Rome (you have to) do what the Romans do" thing comes into play.

I don't know the answer. The ideal is to stick to your guns ... but the reality?
I wish I knew the answer because sex is fun but sex also has consequences. I wish our society wasn't as sex obsessed as it is.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I wish I knew the answer because sex is fun but sex also has consequences. I wish our society wasn't as sex obsessed as it is.
actually, i don't have stats to back this up, but im willing to bet the countries where society is more open about sex, has less teen pregnancies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting