Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 11:01 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,271,710 times

Advertisements

Before anyone goes jumping down my throat about college educations etc, this thread is in direct opposition to another one which states people under 30 shouldn't have kids because for some reason they/their kids are blots on the landscape and a burden on the tax payer.

No word yet about HOW a 25 year old new mum who has been working and paying taxes since age 13 and in full time employment since age 17 is accomplishing the feat of draining taxes when reliant on her husbands income, but I'm sure there will be.

These days, the parents who are now nearing retirement age still often have grown kidults hulking moodily in their basement, demanding food and laundry and money and respect, purely for being alive.

Why don't they just tell them to get a JOB and earn it themselves like we all did?

These kidults seem to spend most of their time on their computers, fantasising how their lives will be when they "grow up" and get married (like they have something to offer apart from a bad case of entitlement), engaging in computer dating and posting their resulting misery on random forums.

Yet the same kidults seem to think they are in a position to tell the rest of the world when to reproduce, and with whom.

Relationship regulars...discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 11:04 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
because they have no idea how to make their children take accountability, if they did they wouldn't have this issue or know how to go about getting them the help they need to become fully functioning adults.

the blame isnt totally one sided. its **** rolling down hill in effect.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:07 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
I have every right to attack people who abuse the system and my parents don't support me but nice try. I am an instructional designer (aka I design training programs)so I am online quite a bit. Not that is your business but just because I live in the same town as my parents doesn't mean they support me.

Btw I have no idea what 24 year old you are referring to as I never singled anyone out.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:07 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,191 times
#1 reason in the United States - Mental illness

Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,782,907 times
Bad economy...not every generation has it as good as the boomers had it. This isn't 1977!

Old 01-25-2013, 11:13 PM

607 posts, read 855,836 times
1- nice try, my parents dont support me

2- they are nice parents?

3- the economy sucks

Old 01-25-2013, 11:14 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
My oldest just turned 21 and is a junior in college. Whenever she comes home she cops a huge entitled attitude. I had to break it to her over Christmas that after May 2014 she would be finding a job and an apartment or else would have to suck it up and go live with her despised dad and his freaky shaman girlfriend. That seemed to be all the motivation she needed and she is planning her future accordingly. Et voila.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:14 PM

607 posts, read 855,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Before anyone goes jumping down my throat about college educations etc, this thread is in direct opposition to another one which states people under 30 shouldn't have kids because for some reason they/their kids are blots on the landscape and a burden on the tax payer.

No word yet about HOW a 25 year old new mum who has been working and paying taxes since age 13 and in full time employment since age 17 is accomplishing the feat of draining taxes when reliant on her husbands income, but I'm sure there will be.

These days, the parents who are now nearing retirement age still often have grown kidults hulking moodily in their basement, demanding food and laundry and money and respect, purely for being alive.

Why don't they just tell them to get a JOB and earn it themselves like we all did?

These kidults seem to spend most of their time on their computers, fantasising how their lives will be when they "grow up" and get married (like they have something to offer apart from a bad case of entitlement), engaging in computer dating and posting their resulting misery on random forums.

Yet the same kidults seem to think they are in a position to tell the rest of the world when to reproduce, and with whom.

Relationship regulars...discuss.

who the hell pays taxes ate age 13? or has full time employment at 17?

Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Hey Badger, want to come live in my parent's basement? only problem is they don't have one but they do have a tool shed if you are interested.

Interestingly I do know several adult kids who moved back home because there just aren't jobs, including a 50 year old friend who had to sell his condo downtown.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:16 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
who the hell pays taxes ate age 13? or has full time employment at 17?
Probably Australians. Sure as hell not Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting