Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 04:30 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,025,167 times

Advertisements

Your daughter is now an adult. She wants to meet you. Any ill feelings you have about your ex and her keeping you away from your daughter are irrelevant because your daughter had nothing to do with what happened. As a human being, you owe your daughter an opportunity to at least meet you.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:38 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,741,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Your daughter is now an adult. She wants to meet you. Any ill feelings you have about your ex and her keeping you away from your daughter are irrelevant because your daughter had nothing to do with what happened. As a human being, you owe your daughter an opportunity to at least meet you.

Yes, this.

I cannot understand why you would be so hostile towards a young person, whether or not she is your daughter, who had no say in whether or not she had a relationship with you growing up.

Also, if you really wanted to pursue the issue when she was younger, you could have done so.

If this is the kind of attitude and behavior you exhibited long ago, I can maybe see why the mother thought she and the child would be better off maintaining distance.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Mom told me to stay away or face prosecution for stalking. Do I want a realtionship with a stranger?
YOUR relationship with her mother (which included the choice to get into bed with her - we'll assume you liked that part and weren't forced) created that stranger.

Get a DNA test. If she is your daughter it's time to quit blaming everything on the mother. YOU chose to stay away. YOU chose not to go to a lawyer and find out your rights/responsibilities. It's come back to bite you on the butt. Time to find out the truth about the choices you made all those years ago.

I feel sorry for the daughter. Someone innocent always pays the price for someone else's bad decisions.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:25 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times
Suppose it is all moot..Mom sent a copy of the birth certificfate and it is not my name on the document.

Somethings never change.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:28 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,723,474 times
Quote:
Mom told me to stay away or face prosecution for stalking. Do I want a realtionship with a stranger?
If she is your child, you are not stalking her, so that excuse holds literally zero water.

Go ahead met her, I am sure it will be a case of meeting you and not pursuing a relationship.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:30 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,723,474 times
Quote:
Suppose it is all moot..Mom sent a copy of the birth certificfate and it is not my name on the document.

Somethings never change.
Names on a BC are literally meaningless. You may not have any legal obligation but she may still be your child.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:48 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,741,192 times
Quote:

Somethings never change.
The name on the BC means nothing.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:03 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,486,855 times
Sounds to me like you really didn't want this kid, didn't care enough to try to have a relationship with her as a child, wasn't interested in her well being at all for the last 21 years, and found it too much of a hassle to get a DNA test or a lawyer to exercise your rights as a father...and want to blame the mother who raised her WITHOUT YOUR HELP for everything as if she slipped you a roofie and raped you while you were unconscious. I think the girl is better off without you to be honest. Maybe you should meet her so she can see your crappy attitude and realize that.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:02 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,067,462 times
She might have wanted to protect herself, you and the child by naming a different man. Was she possibly married to the guy on the BC? It is moot anyway.Names on a BC mean nothing. if she was hell bent on extracting something from you, she would have demanded financial support all these years.
In any event agree to meet the young lady and see how it goes. You might ask her who the name on her BC is. Aren't you the least bit curious? And why are you mad at her? Do you expect some sort of shake down? The mother expects nothing from you at this point and is just trying to accommodate the natural curiosity of her daughter.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:11 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times
Thank you to the moral majority. She refused mutiple requests for paternity testing. She was single and involved with two other people prior, during and immediately after our relationship.

I have just tried talking with her ("daughter") and got 25 minutes of how great her mother is and that I best think twice before saying otherwise and what a scum I am? and all I asked was what did she know about me.

Folks, sometimes people are just plain psycho and until all the evidence is presented, there are at least TWO very good reasons why I doubt it was my sperm that won the race. Not every sperm has a name, nor are they successful.

My anger is reserved solely for her mother. I am just bewildered as to why now and all her anger difrected at me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting