Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2013, 12:05 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,251,584 times

Advertisements

I don't care if people gawk at me (but they never did, at least not that I noticed but I guess people just have better manners over here). And you can nurse discreetly without covering up, the baby's head tends to cover most of everything anyway unless you have really big breasts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 04:18 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I don't care what they do, but no they don't have ambition. Otherwise they would have a career. However I don't feel they work harder than I ever did, at least the ones I know.
Quote:
I'm not ignorant, I am far more smarter than those who choose not to work.
Quote:
Yeah right, sahm are so wonderful. Then why aren't they working? They don't want to because they would rather freeload off a man.
Quote:
Then what's your source for them all being so busy? everyone I know who was one was very lazy.
As stated by others it's all anecdotal. I have known four temporary SAHPs. One is a work colleauge. He's an organic chemist. He was managing a lab of 20 people. He decided to stay home for 3-5 years with his two girls. His wife was a military orthodontist earning in the mid-six figures, so it made sense for them. He's now back working as a scientist again. Another is also a work colleague. She took off for almost two years. She's an automation robotics engineer. She actually works p/t at my co due to our flex time. Do you really think you are smarter and more ambitious than these two people because you kept your job at the call center? The other two are my two bfs. One in a first assistant in the OR and the other a high school English teacher. Sorry, but the SAHPs I have known have as much, if not more, ambition and intelligence than you and yours.

Quote:
Then if you don't cover up you deserve to have people gawk at all. I know plenty of nursing moms and all nursed discretely. There is no reason not to.
I'm sure the vast majority of moms are as discreet as possible. That you and a few other minority may get visibly sexually aroused over the sight of breast feeding no doubt disturbs any poor mom you come across.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:29 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
I don't care what they do, but no they don't have ambition. Otherwise they would have a career. However I don't feel they work harder than I ever did, at least the ones I know.
Tell us, Idon'tdate you, what is your career? Do you even have a job?

Didn't I see a thread where you were looking for one? Remember that whole 'people who live in glass houses' thing.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Tell us, Idon'tdate you, what is your career? Do you even have a job?

Didn't I see a thread where you were looking for one? Remember that whole 'people who live in glass houses' thing.
That's what I don't understand. Based on her posts about work she's had a string of "jobs" not a career and that's certainly fine, but I don't understand the motivation behind the judgements unless it just boils down to petty jealousy and subsequent lashing out at the men and women.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 03-14-2013 at 07:48 AM..

Old 03-14-2013, 12:37 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
No, they simply have different priorities than you. Since you don't have kids of your own, you couldn't possibly even imagine their priorities.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:13 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Actually I do have a career, I am an instructional designer. I am switching fields as this is increasingly becoming freelanced and outsourced. However that isn't important because I do pay taxes.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
No, they simply have different priorities than you. Since you don't have kids of your own, you couldn't possibly even imagine their priorities.
Yes their priority is to not work.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's what I don't understand. Based on her posts about work she's had a string of "jobs" not a career and that's certainly fine, but I don't understand the motivation behind the judgements unless it just boils down to petty jealousy and subsequent lashing out at the men and women.
Everyone has had a string of jobs in most cases, doesn't mean anything unless of course someone didn't work in college. I have switched fields a few times, so what.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Everyone has had a string of jobs in most cases, doesn't mean anything unless of course someone didn't work in college. I have switched fields a few times, so what.
It sounds like you don't have a career to speak of and are simply in no position to pass judgement. I can totally understand why any person would value their child over any career. I have a rather excellent career as a scientist, but it's squat compared to the baby in my belly. That's not something you can grasp, which is fine. And you can certainly have your judgements, although it doesn't really matter to the parent who chooses to stay home with their kids.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:08 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Yes their priority is to not work.
You;re an idiot. Their priority is to raise their kid(s).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting