Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2013, 05:37 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Oh please single people cost more? give me a break, they pay more in taxes and use less in services. Since they never took time out of the workplace either then that would mean they paid more into social security.
You cost, you're just not informed enough to know any better, which is a running theme in this thread.
For example...

The Effects of Marriage on Health: ASPE Research Brief

" Recent research also finds a link between marriage and health care use. Marriage is associated with shorter average hospital stays, fewer doctor visits, and reduced risk of nursing home admission.(20, 21, 22)"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 05:37 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffjoy View Post
Total and complete baloney. Absolutely ridiculous, and it's obvious you know nothing at all about breast feeding so you might want to decline discussing topics on which you have zero knowledge and instead educate yourself on said topic.
Then maybe they need to cover up instead of exposing the breast. Actually next time a woman exposes her breast doing this I will expose my breast too.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:38 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Oh Lord.....

A woman quitting her job to raise her child doesn't show lack of ambition. Just because you're one of those gung-ho, iron-panties career women without kids doesn't mean you need to denigrate those who choose to make the decision to stay at home. (BTW, I work)
She shows lack of ambition for her career. Life ambition is something different. Given a choice between hiring someone who has always worked and someone who took a few years off, I'd go with the proven comodity. We have no idea if the SAHM can even handle working and family. She's never tried.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You cost, you're just not informed enough to know any better, which is a running theme in this thread.
For example...

The Effects of Marriage on Health: ASPE Research Brief

" Recent research also finds a link between marriage and health care use. Marriage is associated with shorter average hospital stays, fewer doctor visits, and reduced risk of nursing home admission.(20, 21, 22)"

Of course they have those studies, they want everyone to be married.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
You mean like the crackheads who have 10 kids out of wedlock, yes they are functioning members of society going by this logic. Having babies doesn't make anyone special just means they had sex without using protection.

I'd rather pay for Ivory than a crackhead who keeps making babies.
The children are special. Period. If anyone needs help it's them.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffjoy View Post
Do you have any real point? So far, I read nothing but misinformation and whining. Single people and married people and rich people and poor people all pay taxes in differing amounts.

Taxes are to benefit all of society, not just the individual. Don't like it, then refuse to pay and deal with the consequences determined by that society.
I am tired of paying more in taxes because I don't have kids. Sick of it actually and it is discrimination.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
She shows lack of ambition for her career. Life ambition is something different. Given a choice between hiring someone who has always worked and someone who took a few years off, I'd go with the proven comodity. We have no idea if the SAHM can even handle working and family. She's never tried.
One employer I worked for didn't like to hire women who had been SAHMs for years and I have to admit. To me this shows they aren't ambitious.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Of course they have those studies, they want everyone to be married.
Talk about willful ignorance.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Oh Lord.....

A woman quitting her job to raise her child doesn't show lack of ambition. Just because you're one of those gung-ho, iron-panties career women without kids doesn't mean you need to denigrate those who choose to make the decision to stay at home. (BTW, I work)
You better believe I have every right to denigrate those women because I think they are not ambitious. If they were they wouldn't be out of work for years.

Btw, I never had a chance to have kids so this whole idea that I must be one of those women who hates kids is ridiculous. In fact I'm not even career obsessed.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
You better believe I have every right to denigrate those women because I think they are not ambitious. If they were they wouldn't be out of work for years.

Btw, I never had a chance to have kids so this whole idea that I must be one of those women who hates kids is ridiculous. In fact I'm not even career obsessed.
If you don't have a career to speak of then why cast judgement on anyone about career or ambition?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting