Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 07:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times

Advertisements

My grandfather told my father to parade his "asian conquest" elsewhere after he found out my mother was Japanese. My father let it be known that if he had to choose between my mom and my grandfather - he'd choose my mom. My grandfather learned to deal with it. Toward the end of his life, his girlfriend was Samoan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 07:32 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,800,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lol he's like you. I think blasian kids are great looking. Lol think Tyres. That great looking guy in Too Fast and Furious and a model.
Not bad looking at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
My grandfather told my father to parade his "asian conquest" elsewhere after he found out my mother was Japanese. My father let it be known that if he had to choose between my mom and my grandfather - he'd choose my mom. My grandfather learned to deal with it. Toward the end of his life, his girlfriend was Samoan!
LOL - "parada his Asian conquest elsewhere." That line made me burst out laughing.

Your grandfather must have been enlightened since he finally understood how hot dark skinned chicks are.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Not bad looking at all!

LOL - "parada his Asian conquest elsewhere." That line made me burst out laughing.

Your grandfather must have been enlightened since he finally understood how hot dark skinned chicks are.
No - my grandfather was pretty much an a-hole until the day he died! He was just a horny old man who hit on his caretakers - and the last one happened to be Samoan and didn't mind taking his money! (I'm not saying that her being Samoan had anything to do with taking his money - simply that she stuck around for the money and she happened to be Samoan.)

Old 03-09-2013, 07:42 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,150,869 times
I'm half Chinese half Italian as well, so if my parents had any problems with anyone I was dating it would raise serious eyebrows for me. I've never dated a black/Latina woman but I'm sure if I do in the future they won't care too much. Mom might complain that the only way I'll survive to old age is if I find a nice Chinese housewife but I think she's just teasing me (since she's about as far from a housewife as one can get).

Old 03-09-2013, 07:48 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,972,596 times
Quote:
My grandfather told my father to parade his "asian conquest" elsewhere after he found out my mother was Japanese. My father let it be known that if he had to choose between my mom and my grandfather - he'd choose my mom. My grandfather learned to deal with it.
They usually do. I'm always mistaken for Hispanic and I've had one bf whose parents had issues with that. I wish I had seen their faces when he told them I'm not.

I've never brought a guy home for a variety of reasons, but I'm lucky that race / ethnicity is not one of them.

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I'm half Chinese half Italian as well, so if my parents had any problems with anyone I was dating it would raise serious eyebrows for me. I've never dated a black/Latina woman but I'm sure if I do in the future they won't care too much. Mom might complain that the only way I'll survive to old age is if I find a nice Chinese housewife but I think she's just teasing me (since she's about as far from a housewife as one can get).
Oh good lord you must be gorgeous.

Quote:
No - my grandfather was pretty much an a-hole until the day he died! He was just a horny old man who hit on his caretakers - and the last one happened to be Samoan and didn't mind taking his money! (I'm not saying that her being Samoan had anything to do with taking his money - simply that she stuck around for the money and she happened to be Samoan.)
Lmao wow that is pretty funny. A horny a-hole of a man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Lol who needs a housewife when you have a hot Latina?

Old 03-09-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Hahaha!

Old 03-09-2013, 07:51 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,972,596 times
Quote:
He's very cute. He had a pic in his profile once upon a time.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:54 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,746,080 times
Just curious: for those who have dated multi-racial romantic partners and brought them home to meet your parents (and in the event that your parents were decidedly unsupportive or disapproving of the partner's multi-racial background), how were you able to convince or reason with your parents to successfully change their minds, if at all?

For example, was there a certain way or specific wording you told them verbally, that was able to successfully persuade them to be more supportive, in your choice of your partner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting