Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,421 times

Advertisements

I have a four children ages 20, 15,5,and 3 and every single eastern I give them a basket. All my basket are filled with different gifts depending on the age. . The little ones get toys,coloring books and stickers. My two oldest one's get a small basket with $5 Yogurtland, $5 Starbucks, iTunes, and some candy. They all wait for Easter with a big smile and no one feels left out, regardless of age they are all my children and I love them deeply. I do it for all my children because I can't think of one without thinking of the others ♡
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 03:46 PM

325 posts, read 228,694 times
I am 29 an my dad just passed away in oct. of this yr but every year even last year my dad still did the baskets for me, my siblings, an my children. Obviously the type of baskets changed though. As a kid an for my kids(once he started with them) it was a huge chocolate bunny then a basket with a toy or two plus an easter outfit an more chocolate, (my dad was big with chocolate) lol then when me an siblings got older he started getting these super good edible chocolate baskets with diff types of choc. in them plus a couple dollars. I loved those choc baskets, they were so good think he bought them from sarris lee candy or w/e for my kids he did their kid friendly baskets every year too, my dad wasn't married had been divorced for like 20 yrs. an he was big on going all out for holidays.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:06 PM

2,731 posts, read 6,115,684 times
I think it's fine to stop if it's something everyone just phased out of. And if you're not sure when the last time they had baskets was - I think you've phased it out! But I don't think I ever will and I think that's okay too!

Old 03-23-2016, 05:24 PM

325 posts, read 228,694 times
ster baskets an the egg hunts it's just a fun free activity to do with the kids!

Old 03-23-2016, 06:29 PM

66 posts, read 48,697 times
We celebrate the holiday religiously (in the literal sense of the word). We've never done baskets, or the easter bunny. My kids always look at that stuff at the store and are like, "I don't get it. What do bunnies have to do with easter?"

Old 03-23-2016, 07:59 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,914,243 times
My college junior is halfway around the world, studying abroad in Germany, and I still plan on sending her some Easter goodies.

It is very healthy, normal, and important for teens to have traditions and still feel part of the family unit, even if they are older. My teens love being "kids" on holidays and birthdays and keeping up with family traditions. I don't think it's silly at all.

Old 03-24-2016, 07:43 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
I think last year might have been it. The youngest is 10. I'll still get them a little something, but probably not a whole basket.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:48 PM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Two daughters, 30 and 24. Oldest has been married for past several years. Her last "basket" was when she was 20, about the time she moved out. She's health/weight/diet conscious (has a health food store), so doesn't eat sweets and candy (non-organic candy, anyway). Ditto the youngest...she prefers a bottle of Pinnacle whipped chocolate vodka for Easter in lieu of chocolate candy.

I'd love to make a jelly bean/Reese's loaded basket for my grandson, but oldest daughter is very adamant about NOT giving him candy, junk food, or sugar. He's always gotten toys amd books for Easter. This year, his mommy is relenting somewhat and making him a basket like his cousins (but not quite). She ordered him organic dark chocolate truffles sweetened with honey from one of her suppliers (which I tasted, they are yummy). She made him organic peanut butter candy in Easter molds, too, and baked him sugar free organic bunny cut out cookies.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 03-25-2016 at 12:01 AM..

Old 03-25-2016, 12:16 AM

314 posts, read 237,045 times
I never grew up with getting Easter baskets as presents, or getting presents at all. We always had easter baskets look like this:
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...verlay&first=1

and kids usually had/ made their own and adults made bigger ones for the family dinner .

Old 03-25-2016, 04:02 AM

3,167 posts, read 4,000,065 times
My mom used to mail me one when I was in college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting