U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 10:47 PM

8,177 posts, read 13,771,320 times

Advertisements

Want to hear my story about furniture shopping, the white couch and a diaper blowout ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 10:57 PM

6,395 posts, read 5,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Want to hear my story about furniture shopping, the white couch and a diaper blowout ??
Hah! Yes please!

I've got a good one about an extremely constipated 6 month old, a day of eating prunes, and someone else's sauna...

Old 04-24-2013, 07:01 AM

1,149 posts, read 3,855,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Not if the person is talking so loud, the whole Eastern seaboard can hear it. You can only imagine how many loudmouths work at federal agencies.
I used to wear headphones and listen to music. I'm an engineer, so if I was in a lab and needed to concentrate on work, I'd wear noise cancelling headphones. People talking loudly are annoying (I had a desk near IT, and those jokers were notorious for being too loud), but unless I wanted to listen to how the SC Gamecocks were doing that season, I wore headphones.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:24 AM

24,335 posts, read 34,369,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedSurprise View Post
I used to wear headphones and listen to music. I'm an engineer, so if I was in a lab and needed to concentrate on work, I'd wear noise cancelling headphones. People talking loudly are annoying (I had a desk near IT, and those jokers were notorious for being too loud), but unless I wanted to listen to how the SC Gamecocks were doing that season, I wore headphones.
I work in a client facing role in banking (personal banker). Headphones aren't an option. I think I should just keep my door closed but the blinds open to avoid the nuisance.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:02 AM

16,046 posts, read 20,379,248 times
Walk away. Seriously... On the other hand...if this is your only low you are doing very well.

Parents that share these stories are living there lives...It is their daily experience.

Not getting it is likely because you haven't gone through it. Believe me, I have some hilarious stories...
But...You wouldn't want to hear them.

On second thought...Just for You OP
My son was almost two. We had the boss over for dinner right after work. We had been saving the surprise for when Daddy got home. Right in the middle of the adult conversation my toddler starts across our long living room...potty bowl in hand, (he had gotten the bowl out all by himself)...He just couldn't wait to share with Daddy and the Boss! This story kills me every time...Of course we all applauded....

Last edited by JanND; 04-24-2013 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: Edit text

Old 04-25-2013, 12:08 AM

18,048 posts, read 18,466,556 times
Quote:
Or, do you want to hear about the time I took my son for his first stroller ride to visit a neighbor? I was wearing a white shirt and holding him while we had coffee & cake and then he had an amazingly huge diaper blowout...

Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Hah! Yes please!
Just use your imagination and it was way worse..
The sales guy had us sitting on the couch to look at fabric samples, when I looked down
the blowout was all over me & beyond..

Old 04-25-2013, 11:39 PM

Lovely!

Old 04-26-2013, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Lovely!
now we need the prune & suana story..

Lets call it immersion therapy for the OP

Old 04-26-2013, 02:56 AM

Quote:
now we need the prune & suana story..

Lets call it immersion therapy for the OP
Haha yeah the OP definitely needs immersion therapy, its the only answer

I was on holiday with my family, my baby was 6 months old and hadn't pooped in over a week. I got desperate and fed her pureed prunes pretty much all day but it was doing nothing. My uncle heated up the sauna and I took her in as it helps relax her for bed but it clearly relaxed her too much as she let out a week's worth of poop all over me and the sauna bench. My poor aunty had the next turn in the sauna...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or