Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 03:24 PM

85 posts, read 191,561 times

Advertisements

I thought we could use a thread to post some of the funny things we hear our kids say:
Last night after brushing my sons teeth he exclaimed"I can't believe how big the earth is!" All I could do was smile and agree that oh yes it is big! Isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 03:28 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,805,193 times
I don't have kids but I saw this today

The 13 Creepiest Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent

Old 04-30-2013, 03:32 PM

861 posts, read 2,709,674 times
My son doesn't talk much yet, but I look forward to these 'kid-isms' immensely in the future!

In the meantime, a story from my past.....

When I worked in a therapeutic preschool, I once sneezed and was subsequently asked by a 4 year old if I was sick.
I told her I was not, I just had allergies.
She asked me what 'allergies' were, but before I could answer, another boy chimed in:
"That's Spanish for sneezes".

Old 04-30-2013, 08:02 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,807,259 times
Anybody ancient enough to remember Art Linkletter's House Party and Kids Say the Darndest Things? Those were some really funny segments and I doubt very many were saved on tape. The look on his face when a kid came up with something a bit risque was hilarious!

Old 04-30-2013, 09:48 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,773,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Anybody ancient enough to remember Art Linkletter's House Party and Kids Say the Darndest Things? Those were some really funny segments and I doubt very many were saved on tape. The look on his face when a kid came up with something a bit risque was hilarious!

title, Kids Say the Darndest Things - ART LINKLETTER - YouTube

Old 04-30-2013, 10:06 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,807,259 times
nana- thanks so much. I laughed so hard- especially when God made Eve a housewife as punishment for eating the apple- ain't that the truth!!!

Old 05-01-2013, 07:59 AM

861 posts, read 2,709,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I don't remember Art... but I remember the revival Bill Cosby did some years later!

Bill Cosby's Kids Say the Darndest Things feat. Kemett Hayes - YouTube

Old 05-01-2013, 11:15 AM

29,627 posts, read 34,119,900 times
This is stale in interweb terms, but it still makes me laugh: Reasons My Son Is Crying

Old 05-01-2013, 05:26 PM

2,570 posts, read 7,713,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This is stale in interweb terms, but it still makes me laugh: Reasons My Son Is Crying
Well I'd never seen it so thanks for sharing! I wish I could find the pic I had from years ago when my now 15 year old son was a toddler. He hated the feel of grass under his feet. So, plopping him down in the grass (standing) basically immobilized him and he'd refuse to move. Somewhere I have a pic of him standing, crying, in the grass.. you'd think we'd have put him down in a field of rattlesnakes! Nope, just suburban lawn.

I am having a terrible time remembering the funny things my kids have said over the years. It makes me sad. Here's one though:

My son (now 21) was about four years old. He'd been spending time with his uncle (my brother) who always listened to the "smooth jazz" radio station in the car and at home. One day he was with me and I had a Nine Inch Nails CD playing. From the back seat he pipes up, all excited, "Mommy, is this smooth jazz?"

Last edited by Sally_Sparrow; 05-01-2013 at 05:39 PM..

Old 05-20-2013, 09:21 AM

38 posts, read 52,332 times
I have a strange child. He is very intelligent, has ADHD and SID, some anxiety issues, and a wonderful sense of humor.
He says funny things all the time.

This morning when I was helping him get ready for school and asking him some questions, he interrupted me. I corrected him for interrupting and he said, "But my brain calculates the probability of what you're going to say next."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting