Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 09:28 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,029 times

Advertisements

The other thread made me think. It is so easy to be critical of ourselves and others. I wanted to take a positive spin on this topic. Please share why you are a "super mom" or "super dad"

Last edited by easternerDC; 06-05-2013 at 09:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 09:31 AM

I'll start:

I am a super mom because I get 3 kids under the age of 3 ready to go and to daycare in the morning by myself, and sometimes I get to work close to my start time.

I am a super mom because last night, I left work, picked up the kids from daycare, made dinner, and got all three kids bathed and dressed and to bed by 8:30, by myself.

I am also a super mom because I don't care that there is a basket of laundry that needs to be folded and another load that still needs to be washed.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:35 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Hm.
I honestly can't think of a single reason I am a "super" mom.
I feel like I do what any parent should do.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Hm.
That was sort of the point of this thread. Even though we all (at least I am sure most of us) only do what any parent should do, myself included, its nice to give yourself a pat on the back every once in a while.

What I posted is nothing beyond what any other parent does - its part of the job.

Anyway I thought it was a fun way to take a positive spin on it, sorry you did not see it that way.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:39 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
I am a super mom because. . . .

Hey wait, are you saying I need to get a sex change?

Old 06-05-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I am a super mom because. . . .

Hey wait, are you saying I need to get a sex change?
Heh, edited the OP. :P

Old 06-05-2013, 09:48 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Hm.

Awesome, and 3 kids too! I have one and I feel im working hard lol

Old 06-05-2013, 09:50 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Hm.
Well, if you name is Stan you are not a supermom.
If you name is not Stan I guess you are still not a supermom. But it is ok to pat yourself on the back every once in your while. Kind of the point with the thread....

Old 06-05-2013, 09:50 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
I am a pretty ordinary mom. Not much super about me. Except my kids. Who are all mine and love me very much.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:53 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
That was sort of the point of this thread. Even though we all (at least I am sure most of us) only do what any parent should do, myself included, its nice to give yourself a pat on the back every once in a while.

What I posted is nothing beyond what any other parent does - its part of the job.

Anyway I thought it was a fun way to take a positive spin on it, sorry you did not see it that way.
I'm not trying to downer the thread.
I smiled when I saw it.

And then I sat here like a shlump trying to think of one thing I do that's super.

My wife on the other hand...SHE is a true super mom.
Everyone who knows us is absolutely blown away at how she takes care of this kid. My mother is always saying, "You're such a good mother!"

The kid always has fresh, healthy organic food for every meal (plenty of fresh fruits and veggies - nothing processed or out of a box). This is particularly amazing when you realize my wife never really was much of a cook and hates food preparation (I am the cook in the family).
She held him and slept with him on top of her for the first 4 months of his life.
When people were like, "Oh, give up," she kept trying anything and everything to breast feed him...it all finally worked and he had breast milk for 9 months.
She wakes up every morning with him - she hasn't slept in for 18 months - every day he's been alive. She won't relinquish the monitor or lose her special morning time with him.

And now, after getting her MBA, climbing to near the top of the food chain in her company (six figures, management, etc), she is giving it all up to stay at home and raise him. That's effin' super in my book.

I hope I can honor them both by providing well for our family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting