Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 08:41 AM

987 posts, read 3,817,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
If this is such a concern for you I would advise you to vote for a candidate who advocates universal healthcare. I guarantee you would be upset with the price hike if your child's daycare began to provide health insurance to its employees.
Yes it's a concern for me. We demand the best for our kids but not their care providers. It feels slightly hypocritical to me. You can still try and change the way I feel though.

It's not a question of money, it's a question of principle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 10:09 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuan View Post
No fair. There can only be one answer. Yes.
Then, that is where my concern would end.

Evidently those employed by this center are quality employees who are happy caring for your children.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Then, that is where my concern would end.

Evidently those employed by this center are quality employees who are happy caring for your children.
You asked a trick question. Obviously the answer is yes, or I wouldn't use them. My happiness doesn't translate into their happiness. It's the other way around, their happiness trickles down (to misuse economic jargon).

Old 11-08-2007, 10:29 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times
Quote:
You asked a trick question. Obviously the answer is yes, or I wouldn't use them. My happiness doesn't translate into their happiness. It's the other way around, their happiness trickles down (to misuse economic jargon).
It would appear from your comments the staff IS happy -

There are those who do not want to work full time -

Old 11-08-2007, 12:57 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,382 times
Quote:
Yes it's a concern for me. We demand the best for our kids but not their care providers. It feels slightly hypocritical to me. You can still try and change the way I feel though.

I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm trying to tell you to be realistic. If you were told that they were doubling their prices for daycare to pay for health insurance, are you honestly telling me you wouldn't at least consider putting your child elsewhere for financial reasons?

For what it's worth (though you clearly assume otherwise), I support universal access to healthcare.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm trying to tell you to be realistic. If you were told that they were doubling their prices for daycare to pay for health insurance, are you honestly telling me you wouldn't at least consider putting your child elsewhere for financial reasons?

For what it's worth (though you clearly assume otherwise), I support universal access to healthcare.
I never assumed that you didn't support universal healthcare. That's totally irrelevant. I'll assume, however, that you do feel the entire population the same way I do about childcare workers.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:45 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,382 times
Quote:
I never assumed that you didn't support universal healthcare. That's totally irrelevant. I'll assume, however, that you do feel the entire population the same way I do about childcare workers.
Excuse me...if you don't see how it's relevant, I'm not going to waste my time discussing it anymore.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:45 PM

159 posts, read 806,265 times
I've worked at a daycare and i was sick the WHOLE time.. it was GROSS!!! Childcare nowadays is horrible... you pay 250/wk for an infant... the workers get $8/hr thats 40X8=320 BEFORE TAXES>>> that 1 and 1/2 infants yet you care for 4!!!

AND child abuse DOES happen.. i used to watch this toddler teacher THROW her kids... Drop them.. BE HORRIBLE TO THEM>>> she had anger problems... but DAYCARES are PRETTY BAD in general!

Old 11-08-2007, 03:55 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,645,590 times
Quote:

If you demand the best for your children, then can we assume your child's providers are educated and have a college degree?

Old 11-08-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Excuse me...if you don't see how it's relevant, I'm not going to waste my time discussing it anymore.
It's not relevant to this discussion. You haven't even answered the question in post #1. You just took the thread and steered it toward something you, and not I, would like to discuss.

I don't believe you missed my point, however. I just wish you'd provide more input on the moral issue of whether or not it's OK to demand the best of people while not providing them with the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting