Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 01:04 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,942,367 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure what the problem is here. The father wears a bathing suit(not that I think it's necessary, but it's not weird either, to each his own), so he is maintaining his modesty around his daughters. I don't see why a father can't bathe or shower his daughters in any method preferred by all. Once the daughters are uncomfortable with it, then that's the time to stop.

Would this conversation even happen if it was a mother bathing her two young sons?

Old 07-25-2013, 01:08 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,581,431 times
There have been a few questions raised about the specifcs and the difference those would make. His kids are around 3 or 4. I know that the mother generally bathes them so I think the shower is a time saving strategy or maybe just easier for him when it's his task. I'm not sure of the specific arrangement for when he finishes bathing them and they get out, but they're pretty careful parents, so I'm sure the mother is there.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:14 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,216,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I'm not sure of the specific arrangement for when he finishes bathing them and they get out, but they're pretty careful parents, so I'm sure the mother is there.
For why?

Old 07-25-2013, 01:22 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
I think people make way too big of an issue of nudity.
I am with you right there.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:22 PM

13,418 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I'm not sure what the problem is here. The father wears a bathing suit(not that I think it's necessary, but it's not weird either, to each his own), so he is maintaining his modesty around his daughters. I don't see why a father can't bathe or shower his daughters in any method preferred by all. Once the daughters are uncomfortable with it, then that's the time to stop.

Would this conversation even happen if it was a mother bathing her two young sons?
I agree totally. Up until the point children are uncomfortable with it there should be no stigma attached to a parent seeing their own child naked. Or vise versa.

Quote:
There have been a few questions raised about the specifcs and the difference those would make. His kids are around 3 or 4. I know that the mother generally bathes them so I think the shower is a time saving strategy or maybe just easier for him when it's his task. I'm not sure of the specific arrangement for when he finishes bathing them and they get out, but they're pretty careful parents, so I'm sure the mother is there.
Why should the mother be there? These are children, who I'm sure at some points also need help getting dressed and/or wiping their butts. The mother shouldn't be the only one delegated to this task if the family itself is not freaked out by it.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:27 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,581,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Why should the mother be there? These are children, who I'm sure at some points also need help getting dressed and/or wiping their butts. The mother shouldn't be the only one delegated to this task if the family itself is not freaked out by it.
He showers after they are finished and out of the shower. Someone asked if there was someone there to watch the kids while he showered. I'm just saying I doubt that they're left unattended.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:33 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,216,031 times
Quote:
He showers after they are finished and out of the shower. Someone asked if there was someone there to watch the kids while he showered. I'm just saying I doubt that they're left unattended.
Right on .... seems like you'd shower with them in there as well, hence the point of showering together ... at first it sounded like he'd need help or that there could be a potential issue as far as getting out of the shower, dried off, etc which sounded a bit odd

That would make sense to have someone watch them if he was doing a full shower after they finished up .... just seems a bit off to take a full shower after they are out of there, but to each their own

Old 07-25-2013, 01:45 PM

6,457 posts, read 7,789,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
I think people make way too big of an issue of nudity.
Big +1.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:48 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,392,817 times
My husband has never showered with our daughter but I have many times. My husband travels alot for work , we go with about 50% of the time. So sometimes I didn't have anyone to watch her here at the house and it was just easier to bring her in with me. We end up in hotels alot and I find the idea of giving her a bath in a hotel bath tub ... well, yucky.

I did it yesterday because she had to have a bath (swimming lessons earlier) but was dead out ready to fall sleep at dinner. So it was quicker to take her in the shower and then throw her pj's on before she crashed.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:06 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,244,561 times
Bit weird that he's wearing swimming trunks but otherwise whats wrong with it? My daughter's dad showers and saunas with her when she is at his (she's 2 and a half) and will do so until she's old enough to do it alone. My daughter comes to sauna with me and my OH and will do so until she's old enough to go to sauna alone (at least 8). Nudity in the family is no big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting