Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your purpose on the CD Parenting forum?
Share parenting philosophies and styles with others 14 30.43%
Talk with other parents about successes and failures in parenting 11 23.91%
Mercilessly judge others so that I can feel good about my own life 6 13.04%
I'm a cranky old man who only posts here when not yelling at kids to get off my lawn 15 32.61%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 12:37 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,404,472 times

Advertisements

I like reading about other people's problems. It make makes feel like in not they only one. Even though I already know that's not the case I still feel better hearing other problems.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 01:39 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,218,790 times
I'm a cranky old man.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,054,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
and what they would have done differently.
Used a bullhorn.
Bought noise cancelling headsets.
Invested in a higher quality plunger.

A remote control to open the bathroom window when someone yelled "Where's the plunger?" would have been dang handy.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:13 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,871,772 times
You left a few possible selections off:

"I'm childfree but I have all the answers and want everybody to know what they should be doing."

"I don't have children yet but when I do I already know exactly what I will and won't be doing and I already know how I'm going to handle every situation."

Old 08-08-2013, 02:21 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,364,617 times
Quote:
I enjoy reading about how others approach various parenting dilemmas. It gives me food for thought, and a different perspective. I most enjoy reading perspectives from parents of older children who have been there, done that, and hear what has worked for them, and what they would have done differently.
I agree with Dew Drop, but on a more serious note:

I wouldn't have changed much. I'm not much of a "Monday Morning Quarterbacker" anyway. But, I would have had the kids do a few more chores around the house as an expectation that this is what we do as a family. For a while, when working a lot, I had a cleaning lady. I would have had the kids do more if I had it to do over again, and we could have used the money I spent on the cleaning lady for something more fun!

Old 08-08-2013, 02:21 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,523,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Used a bullhorn.
Bought noise cancelling headsets.
Invested in a higher quality plunger.

A remote control to open the bathroom window when someone yelled "Where's the plunger?" would have been dang handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

"I'm childfree but I have all the answers and want everybody to know what they should be doing."

"I don't have children yet but when I do I already know exactly what I will and won't be doing and I already know how I'm going to handle every situation."
No kidding. With all the great things the internet has to offer why they choose to come and poop on our lawn is beyond me. Mind you, we are fabulous and all!

Old 08-08-2013, 02:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,733,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

Lol exactly.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:35 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,783,864 times
Quote:

No kidding. With all the great things the internet has to offer why they choose to come and poop on our lawn is beyond me. Mind you, we are fabulous and all!
It was only a matter of time before this would happen. And it's not "your lawn."

Really, you people have to get over it.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:42 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,523,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
It was only a matter of time before this would happen. And it's not "your lawn."

Haha, why so sensitive? There is a vast difference between people choosing to frequent a Parenting forum because they are genuinely interested or have information to share and those who just want to cause trouble, point fingers, and vent about how terrible parents and children are.

And by "you people" I assume you mean the "Parents" on the "Parenting" forum? If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:44 PM

13,976 posts, read 25,864,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post

"You people"? As in, those who meet the criteria of parenting? I admit sometimes some older teens come here to give a helpful different perspective, but those who post merely to give opinions as facts, well....

Zimbo and Kudzu said it best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting