Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 11:28 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
ROAD TRIP! May I suggest Hawaii. Get that boy out of that small-town-attitude po'dunk way of thinking and find some new scenery. Sheesh! He's just a kid. She should be charged with delinquency. UGH.

Best advice yet. We lived in a large city, yet I recall a couple of spur of the moment road trips with my teens. Change of scenery works wonders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 12:16 PM

384 posts, read 594,365 times
Why is your son fighting over this girl? From the way you describe, she seems worthless to fight over. 19 in 9th grade, plays stupid high school games as a legal adult, etc? Sorry but this girl seems worthless IMO. Just being honest.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:24 PM

384 posts, read 594,365 times
Also, I realize that there are fully grown up people who still play childish high school games. As the old saying goes, some people never grow up.
To CarolatMO, to avoid being a rebound:
-If a girl asks her out, tell your son to ask around and find out if she just broke up with her boy friend. His best friends will probably have the scoop, especially if its a small town.
-Tell him to NEVER go out with a girl who just broke up with her previous boyfriend.
-If your son declines a rebounds relationship request, then the rebound is pretty much forced to go to another guy as her rebound or forget the ex.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:30 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
I raised 3 boys with rules of respect and boundaries, I would have POW WOW time and told them under NO circumstance sharing of the dumb little gals who came acalling- and boy did they.... Did not want to meet the chicken heads, until they were serious about having a real GF- and time n place was to be accounted for,,, no sneaking in or out... I survived... now all of them grown n married,,, but those little girls ( 14-17) whewww

Old 09-08-2013, 01:02 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
Not to mention that these are 15/16 year old boys and a 18 year old girl with what appears to be a severe learning disability. They all have some maturing to do.

While I would be upset about the inappropriate texts, I would also be very careful. If the girl has developmental delays, (which is possible considering her age and need to still be in high school) I think it is possible that this could open another can of worms. JMHO.
Yep. As a mom of a child who is actually in special ed, I think being held back six times sounds beyond bogus, but assuming it's true, the 15-year-old will have to deal with 1) speculation about her ability to consent and 2) the fact that he received sexts as well. He may have deleted them but phone records are forever, and all she has to do is bring them up. Does the OP really want an investigation into how many she sent, how often it happened, how long he kept them, and whether he encouraged them or sent them to anyone? I doubt it.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:41 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,776,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
If I plotted revenge against everyone who "dissed" me during my teen years, I would 40 years later probably be just about finishing up..... So a moron "disses" you on a social media - I would think you would have more important things to do than revenge.
Most teenagers these days DON'T have anything better or more important to do, especially during the summertime... or at least so they feel. That's why they constantly have their eyes glued to some screen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting