Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 05:53 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Being a good father has nothing to do with divorce. I know plenty of couples who are divorced and the fathers aren't any less fatherly as married couples. In fact, I know a father or 2 who are married and they're far from father of the year.

I'm sorry, but 70 men is not a fair enough sampling given the number of fathers around the world.

And fwiw, I did read the paper and it states:

Charles Snowdon, a psychologist at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, points out that the paper’s own statistics show testes size explains only a fraction of the variation in paternal care. “There are lots of other variables that affect fatherhood,” he says, citing as examples social environment and prior experience looking after younger siblings when the men were children themselves"
70? I wouldn't write a freshman research on fashion opinions based on only 70 responses; let alone something as serious as fatherhood.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:10 PM

645 posts, read 988,711 times
In the spirit of this ground breaking research, I decided to engage in some research as well. I was able to identify 70 fathers from my FB page who were willing to be totally candid and objective (PLS NOTE: Gonad size and number were immaterial in this study).

Results: 99.9% of respondents emphatically stated that they would rather take a swift kick in the stones over having to sit through an entire episode of Dancing With The Stars.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting