Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 06:14 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Let's see.

The estimated annual death from diptheria before vaccination was about 21,000. Now it is 0.
The estimated annual death from Hep A before vaccination was about 117,000. Now it is about 11,000.
The estimated annual death from Measles before vaccination was about 531,000. Now it is about 60.
The estimated annual death from Mumps before vaccination was about 162,000. Now it is about 1000.
The estimated annual death from Whooping Cough (pertussis) before vaccination was about 200,000. Now it is about 14,000.
The estimated annual death from Polio was about 16,000 (of course that doesn't account for those who lived but were permanently crippled). The rate is now 0.
The estimated annual death rate from Rubella was about 47,000. Now it is about 4 or 5.
The estimated annual death rate from Smallpox was 29,000. Now it is 0.
Great post !

The problem comes when people blindly close their eyes to info like you gave and presume those rates would be the same if there were no vaccines.

Reminds me of " little Johnny"

Teacher asked what is more important.........sun or the moon.
All the kiods said the sun was.

"little Johnny" disagreed and said the moon was.

When asked to explain, he said the moon shines at night when it's dark.
The sun shines in the daytime when it's already light.

Taking the sun for granted and believing it would be light out in daytime anyway, is similar to people saying diseases would be nearly non existant even w/o vaccines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 06:23 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartheiser View Post
LOL That reply was in reference to another stating the companies make little to no money.

I don't care if they make money or not, this is America. What I do care about is conflict of interest. Everyone is out to make a living selling their goods or what not. Just like the pharmaceutical companies, they have investors that they need to please as do I.
So you do or you don't care if people make money?

Because most of your argument is constructed around the belief that pharmaceutical companies are making great big profits on vaccines. On most vaccines they aren't.

You also haven't clarified what you mean by conflict of interest here.

You want conflict of interest? Go look at Wakefield. He was hired by lawyers to attempt to demonstrate that the MMR vaccine causes autism. The lawyers wanted to sue the pharmaceutical companies. He also patented his own version of the MMR vaccine which he wanted to sell to patients.

How's that for conflict of interest?

Old 08-23-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartheiser View Post
Great post, really?????

Do I have to explain this again? Medicine has taken credit were it is not due! Infectious diseases have died off before mass vaccinations and is well documented. It is from cleaner foods, more sanitary living conditions, better nutrition, sewage disposal, and far greater transportation of food and water. Look at the graphs and study them, then reference them for your own sanity.

"How short a memory some people have!"

How about go do your homework and memorize what your memory has seemed to fail you.

Vaccines Did Not Save Us – 2 Centuries of Official Statistics « ________________Child Health Safety_________________
Go read something besides crazy assertions on a blog that are not backed up by evidence.

Take Hib for example.

Hib causes pneumonia and all kinds of other horrible effects primarily in babies. The Hib vaccine was licensed in 1985. Yes, that's right 1985. Do you really think in that in 1985 people lacked sanitation? Clean food? Sewage disposal?

Since the introduction of the vaccine cases have fallen drastically:

Hib Disease Questions and Answers

How common is Hib disease in the United States?

Before the introduction of a Hib vaccine, H. influenzae type b (Hib) was the leading cause of bacterial meningitis among children younger than age five years in the United States. Every year about 20,000 children younger than age five years got severe Hib disease and about 1,000 children died. More than half of children who developed severe Hib disease were younger than age 12 months.

From 1996 through 2000, an average of 68 reported cases of Hib disease occurred in children younger than age 5 years each year. By 2006, this number had dropped to just 29 cases and, although some of the 179 cases with unknown serotype could have been due to Hib, the significant decline in incidence (>99%) since the pre-vaccine era is truly remarkable.

So we've gone from 20,000 cases to under 50 each year after the introduction of the vaccine. That's an indisputable fact.

How can you possibly deny this? Or deny that vaccines are responsible for saving nearly 20,000 kids each year from a terrible disease?

Old 08-23-2010, 06:57 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
Polio is there because of tainted vaccines!!!!

Its just funny how some of you bash any site or information that I have posted, but not one of you have posted any reference to any study or anything to back any of your claims. Now come on, I'm asking for you to prove your information! Until you can post the evidence, your statements mean jack @$&*! Don't just post a link to the CDC or FDA site either. Show the documents! You must have the information for you to make all these exaggerated claims, because thats what I'm going to have to take them as sense you show no proof.
I have posted the graphs and evidence that show the vaccines that are shot in our babies today had no effect to doing anything. Now post your evidence!
Living healthier lives, that is a joke, 1 out of 6 kids have a learning disability, ADHD, ADD, and about 1 out of 150 have some form of autism. America is so dependent on drugs for so many different health problems. There is a new health problem developing every month. Now is it from vaccines, the food, the water, or maybe from a combination of all above? I say all the above, as to why I avoid all above. Injecting, Ingesting, and applying chemicals and toxins in and on your body can only do bad, as thats just common sense.

I'm sure all of this is lost on you. You want proof that vaccines save lives? Here is an article that provides that proof. Take a look at "Vaccines Save Lives and Money" by Rolfe Chamberlain in the scientific journal Microbiology, April 9, 1999.

In 1900, there were 21,064 reported cases of smallpox. Just under 1,000 people died from the disease that year. That disease is now eradicated throughout the entire world.

In 1920, there 419,900 reported cases of measles. There were 7575 deaths from that disease. That disease has now been reduced to a few dozen cases annually in this country.

In 1920, there were 147,891 cases of diptheria. 13,170 deaths occurred that same year from the disease. Today there are only handful of cases of diptheria in the USA.

In 1922, there were 107, 473 cases of pertussis. There 5,099 deaths. We are starting to see some mini outbreaks of this disease because of lack of vaccination. Yet, the number of cases is still only a few hundred.

Its estimated that the polio vaccine has saved $6 in costs for every $1 it costs to vaccinate. The costs saved are medical costs of those afflicted plus the indirect costs of such persons not being able to work as a result of the disease.

Unlike the garbage that you produced for us from herbologists, naturopathic physicians, and a discredited physician (Wakefield), my source is a real one from a respected scientific journal.

Sir, have you no sense of decency? Have you no sense of honesty or integrity at all? I will submit to you that certain types of lies, untruths, and misinformation are more harmful than others. Statements which might actually cause people to skip important disease prevention measures like vaccination are potentially life-threatening. If you persuade some ignorant parent to not have his/her child vaccinated it could potential cost that child their life.

I don't think we have a debate here, sir. I think this is a case of you standing up and trying to argue that the world is flat while the rest of us know that it is round. The difference is that telling people the world is flat, while absurd, is not dangerous per se. Telling people not to vaccinate is dangerous to the extreme.

I have had arguments before where I have attempted to defend science against dogma or ignorance. Its my experience that people who try to defend dogma have the upper hand because nonsense or dogma can be invented in seconds. Science, on the other hand, depends on proven research and studies. These can take months or even years to conduct.

It truly is sad when people reject science and choose to propagate nonsense.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:25 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
If you think vaccines are the worst problem Americans have in our medical lives, check this out:

Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division - dihydrogen monoxide info

We are being poisoned EVERY DAY in almost everything we do! It's spreading so badly, it's even in our rainwater!

Old 08-23-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
If you think vaccines are the worst problem Americans have in our medical lives, check this out:

We are being poisoned EVERY DAY in almost everything we do! It's spreading so badly, it's even in our rainwater!

Alert the media! Head for the hills! It's a conspiracy I tell you! They are out to get us!!!!!!!

Old 08-23-2010, 02:07 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Autism is merely the new diagnosis. Children who used to be learning disabled and mentally retarded are now autistic.
Actually, it's not that simple. There are a number of reasons which have each contributed, in part, to the increase in diagnosis (none of which is likely to be "the vaccinations ate my baby").
Nor are autistic individuals necessarily "mentally retarded". Though I'm guessing at least somebody reading here probably knows that already.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Actually, it's not that simple. There are a number of reasons which have each contributed, in part, to the increase in diagnosis (none of which is likely to be "the vaccinations ate my baby").
Nor are autistic individuals necessarily "mentally retarded". Though I'm guessing at least somebody reading here probably knows that already.
Then why have the numbers of people being diagnosed as learning disabled and mentally retarded declined so drastically in so many states? Anecdotally I have a friend who is a special education teacher. She's told me she hasn't run into a single student in the last two years with either diagnosis. They're pretty much all autistic or have asperger's.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:43 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
Because it politically incorrect to call them retarded, mentally or otherwise. They're developmentally challenged now. Or learning disabled, or are referred to by the actual thing they have (such as Downs Syndrome and yes, sometimes Autistic).

Mentally retarded is a catch-phrase that used to encompass a myriad of problems, only some of which were discovered to be autism. Not all autistics are mentally retarded, and not all mentally retarded people are autistic.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:22 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post

sssshhhhhh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting