Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 12:57 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
But what about the super violent games which show heads being blown off and blood and gore? Aren't they inappropriate for kids? I think they can numb some kids to the horror of violence and it's repercussions.
Like Fr0gger? Those cars just squish the crap out of that poor frog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 01:01 PM

7 posts, read 4,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Yep, Python is a great entry level language alongside of Ruby .
I hear Ruby is a real Gem.

Hehehe

Old 09-23-2015, 09:12 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,249,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMiss View Post
I hear Ruby is a real Gem.

Hehehe

Old 09-26-2015, 04:26 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,764,762 times
I was a child in the 1940s. Let's see, what are the things my Dad thought were "killing childhood"?

Radio.
School buses.
Fish and game bag limits.
Shoes in summer.
Coca Cola.
Power mowers.
World War II

Old 12-14-2015, 09:40 PM

53 posts, read 54,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Oh spare me. The video games didn't make them drop out, their weak minds made them.

There are plenty of people who play videos and are successful. My brother has an Xbox and plays with his friends at night. He has a job, a girl friend, he doesn't spend all day playing video games and he's doing just fine.

Video games don't make people fail at life, people fail at like because THEY suck at balancing their time.
Just like it isn't the foods fault someone is fat, it's their fault.
It isn't the guns fault, it's the shooters fault.
I have a ps4, a laptop, an iPhone, all sorts of techy devices. Look at my Facebook page. I'm out living life, seeing the U.S., experiencing life. I've been to San Diego to now in Kansas in just two days.
It's all about balance.

Don't blame video games, blame the idiots who can't balance their lives.
SO in agreement with this! What's hilarious is how people don't view VGs the same as other recently popular forms of media. Can you imagine what people thought about those in the early 20th century that spent money to watch then-new films? I can only imagine older people saying things to the effect of "How absurd! People spending good money just to watch moving pictures!" And this was before there was any real sound or dialogue and people had FAR less extra money to do so with. Had there not been people that looked over the criticism and naysayers we wouldn't even have movies/tv shows today. Guess some people think we should all live like in the 1800s, everything everyone did was certainly productive then!!

Old 12-15-2015, 06:11 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,535,563 times
*sigh* I wish people would read the OP AND the link before commenting. Guess it's asking too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting