Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2013, 12:06 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,526,244 times

Advertisements

A true relationship is based on trust. You are not going to be around your partner 24/7, and if a person believes they have to verify ANYTHING their partner has done, then you might as well not be in a relationship. And furthermore if a man feels the need to ask a woman for a paternity test, he might as well get ready to not be with her again, and if it is his, get ready to chuck out that child support, for a woman that is no longer with him.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:07 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,619,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If there are no secrets in a marriage - they wouldn't need a paternity test in the first place.
There should be no secrets. Because I truly believe that, I will not have secrets in my relationships. This is why doing a paternity test behind my womans knowledge will not happen. Instead, she will know way before we have any kids, that paternity tests will take place. Its pretty straight forward.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:09 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,902,083 times
I know this aspect has been talked about in similar threads, but another reason you won't see mandatory paternity testing coming any time soon, is that not every guy is comfortable with giving up his DNA for whatever purpose....detection of crime, etc. I think there are plenty out there who really wouldn't trust the government to only use the samples for paternity testing alone.

There wouldn't be any reason to think that it also couldn't eventually be used to see if this dad had other kids out there he may have fathered.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
A true relationship is based on trust. You are not going to be around your partner 24/7, and if a person believes they have to verify ANYTHING their partner has done, then you might as well not be in a relationship. And furthermore if a man feels the need to ask a woman for a paternity test, he might as well get ready to not be with her again, and if it is his, get ready to chuck out that child support, for a woman that is no longer with him.
Sadly, a man will be supporting that child even if it isn't his. Some men choose to do it, and some are forced to do it. But they all have to do it.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
I know this aspect has been talked about in similar threads, but another reason you won't see mandatory paternity testing coming any time soon, is that not every guy is comfortable with giving up his DNA for whatever purpose....detection of crime, etc. I think there are plenty out there who really wouldn't trust the government to only use the samples for paternity testing alone.

There wouldn't be any reason to think that it also couldn't eventually be used to see if this dad had other kids out there he may have fathered.
There are many valid arguments as to why mandatory paternity testing wont happen, but it still doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:13 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,223,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
There should be no secrets. Because I truly believe that, I will not have secrets in my relationships. This is why doing a paternity test behind my womans knowledge will not happen. Instead, she will know way before we have any kids, that paternity tests will take place. Its pretty straight forward.
You are full of contradictions in logic that you seem to not see. It's funny.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:14 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,167,843 times
Quote:
Traditional belief is that every mans first born has closest physical resemblance to their father, more so than any kids that follow, for this very reason. No idea if that's true or not, but before DNA testing there had to be some way to try to make sense of it. What I do have an idea about however, is that based on research and studies 3-8% of men who are married with kids, are unknowingly raising children that aren't really theirs. SO a rough guesstimate would be anywhere between 6-14 million men raising some other dudes devil spawn, while often being robbed of an opportunity to pass on their own genes. 6-14 million men!!! What is really mind blowing to me, is that most women you ask, would tell you that if they found out few years down the line that the man they are married to wasn't the biological father of the child, they would not let the husband know, based on the "why rock the boat" principle. That part is really absurd and mind numbing to me.

IMO, DNA testing should be mandatory and officially stated on each infants birth certificate. Take all the guess work out of it and use facts not assumptions. If I had a penny for every man who says "I trust my wife, she would never step out on me", who is unknowingly raising some other dudes kids - Id be a very wealthy man. BTW, government will not under any circumstance fund any studies having to do with this topic, and last I read - the modern feminist movement was fighting to ban all DNA paternity testing altogether. That's all you really need to know.
And what really sucks about that is, even if the man finds out later that the kid is not his, if he's been taking care of the kid, he still is responsible financially for the a kid that's not eve HIS! The courts well still make him pay, althouh I read a story recently about a guy who was rasing a kid who thought was his, and tried to sue the biological father for the money he lost.

Connecticut man can seek payment from child's real dad

Old 11-13-2013, 12:15 PM

59 posts, read 76,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Living with trust issues is a really sad way to live. Then when it gets to the point where you can't even trust yourself... OUCH!!!
I don't think anyone likes the idea of going around as the happy cuckhold.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:17 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,223,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkY91 View Post
I don't think anyone likes the idea of going around as the happy cuckhold.
This isn't an either/or thing.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:17 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,167,843 times
Quote:
And don't tell you SO about it! When she comes to you with the great news that she is preganant, you can ask her with a straight face, who the father is.... That's how you play your hand right
Wow, that would be hilarious. I would love to see the look on the woman's face when the guy told her he had been neutered before they were married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting