Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 07:41 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkY91 View Post
I've been tempted to ask my father what he thinks but I'm not sure how he'll react.
LOL !!! Why don't you go to the source and ask your mom?

Old 11-13-2013, 07:44 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
I've been tempted to ask my father what he thinks but I'm not sure how he'll react.
So basically you'd be walking up to your dad and asking, "was Mom a wh.ore?"

I'd hate to think of what kind of upbringing you had to disrespect your own mother that much.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:48 PM

936 posts, read 2,060,861 times
Quote:
It would be pretty stupid to be raising a child that isn't yours.

If I had kids I would surely get a paternity test done.
It's raising them that makes them yours, not DNA.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:53 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
Shhhhhh....don't disturb all the angst, indignation and fantasy

Old 11-13-2013, 07:57 PM

936 posts, read 2,060,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Shhhhhh....don't disturb all the angst, indignation and fantasy
But...but...this is City Data...feeding trolls is what we do here.....isn't it?

It's been over three years! Have I misunderstood the point of City Data ALL THIS TIME!?!?!?!?!

Old 11-13-2013, 08:00 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
But...but...this is City Data...feeding trolls is what we do here.....isn't it?

It's been over three years! Have I misunderstood the point of City Data ALL THIS TIME!?!?!?!?!
For sure - this forum has more repeat customers than the Bunny Ranch out in Nevada!

Old 11-13-2013, 09:01 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,627,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Yeah, and you don't know any of us. Your characterizations of women are among the most odious and stratospherically out of touch with reality on this forum. Post after post after post, you vilify, condemn, berate, malign, and denigrate women. You, and the cadre of chronic malcontents and wanna-be c*cksmen who vomit up the vile sputum of misogyny on this forum day after day, week after week, month after month, have no concept of how offensive your posts are not only to women, but to other, stronger, more intelligent and mature men. My SO, and the husbands and SOs of other women here, sometimes see the things some of the scab-brained, socially maladjusted dolts here slap out like drooling lobotomy patients, and invariably, their own conclusions run along the lines of "what is wrong with that guy" and "and he wonders why he's alone."

The internet can be a double-edged sword. It allows for interaction between people who might otherwise never meet. But it also affords an avenue by which racists, sexists, and other knuckle-dragging jackanapes can pollute conversations and meaningful discourse with the kind of insidious and chronic contempt that would otherwise have been silenced in a civilized community by shunning. Without the internet, such psychosocial putrefaction would be relegated to the dustbin of irrelevancy, but as the written word can be mightier than the sword, the people who attempt to sling feces at an entire gender on a forum about relationships will just have to accept that their intellectual superiors will take them to school every time.

Excuse me, what did I actually say? You tend to use your posts to vent out. I'm really sorry that my english isn't on your level to get the meaning of the words such as putrefaction without googling it out. I bet that your brain feels so superior, but your post should have been deleted by the moderation, but I know it won't, so I felt the need to respond. I learned about a new word, that's the same way I kept learning German, by the way. That and "Learning German in 100 Lessons".
I think that my posts are exactly as they should be. They hit upon egos of people like you. Because only by directly and outright shaming and pointing out the obvious would you ever find yourself faced with the facts that you'll keep avoiding. It's good that it happens, that's a great thing about the internet.
I go with the Ghandi's saying. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. I know the last part will never hit into your brain, and that's okay. I don't care about that.
What the real issue is that the relevant instance - society, is still a long way ahead of this discussion itself. Because discussions such as this one are literally an anathema. It's not just that any discussion is deliberately ignored and banned, anyone who ever dared to start anything about it was struck down and has "learned their place" by an orchestrated strikes, becoming an enemy of self-proclaimed progressives who can't even tolerate a free word. They feel the need to bring a nazi, crazy baptist priest, serial killer, illiterate idiot, or a person with severe case of down syndrome and they say - this is our opposition. If you don't agree with us, you are in this part. That is how the opposition is generally silenced, by bringing the idiots from the supposedly "opposing" side to create an illusion of arguing and to kill off even a crittical thought about anything among mainstream media.
What's the solution, how to get to a phase where they actually ridicule folks like me ON MAINSTREAM MEDIA? That's the tricky part, they'll always opt for pre-designed people who are convenient to fit the role of acceptable opposition. Politicians are highly unlikely to be the ones who will bring the change on the issue of paternity testing and I'm sure that rallying isn't an option in any foreseeable future. There is literally no organization that promotes anything to solve this or to successfully lobby for the change. Or at least there is no a relevant organization, most of such "organizations" that you might google out are a private jokes ran by anonymous folks that I've never heard of, so much about it. It's a long way to even get to a point where society discussed about it and ridicules a serious opposition, and when that happens, it would be a sign that society is on the right track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Two points:

1. Men outnumber women in every branch of U.S. legislature. Colorado has the most with 40% female legislators, despite the bleak and draconian view that Coloradoalimony likes to paint.

2. If NOW really could control what legislators do, we wouldn't see growing restrictions on access to contraception and abortion.

States Enact Record Number of Abortion Restrictions in 2011

Your attempt to turn it into abortion off-topic is not contributing. Abortion is a good example where NOW sides with liberals, libertarians, social conservatives and religious fanatics on various issues regarding abortion (or any other issue) when it suits their agenda. Same is done with the "consistent" approach to anything else (i.e. alimony).
Open up a different topic and I'll throw it over there... or maybe not. I could send a PM on it, since I don't participate in debate topic that much - I can't recall when I actually checked over there.

Like I said. Main issue in this topic is not me. I'd wish if it was me. Main issue is big part with the lobbyists and you deny they are present. But the big issue comes from female posters. As long as there's a vehement support for current legislation regarding paternity and as long as NOW is the major driving force in attempt to copy legislation practices in most rigid European counties regarding paternity laws and there is no strong opposition to it - it can only be worse. And big part of the problem is that the people whom the lobbying networks claim to represent (U.S. women) are vehemently supporting current laws, even by inertia.

It's really pointless to make it like "men make majority in legislation". That's not an argument. It's like arguing that majority of population are women, and also a bigger percentage of women are voting than men - thus arguing that women have also chosen those men. You're trying to ignore the obvious - there's the organized effort to not only keep the laws but to make them even more ridiculous. This organization actually actively bashed, attacked and struck upon folks who gave their OPINION on potential change of laws towards more liberal approach. They learned their lesson. There's no organized opposition to them and the way the system operates is clear - such groups lobby laws, make their own researches, promote their own agendas and others are there to clap them and implement them.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:10 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,843,505 times
Well, my dad knows I'm his because I look almost exactly like him.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:15 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,603,692 times
Quote:
Thats a good point, but wouldnt you like to at least know? AS a man, dont you deserve to know if the child you are raising is biologically yours? Or is the fact that you married a woman who sleeps around behind your back and fools you into thinking the kid is yours, not really all that important? I have absolutely nothing against a man raising a child that isnt biologicaly his, provided he KNOWS.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:39 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
How can they sign the birth certificate without knowing for sure that child has the same blood in their veins?
Father's don't sign birth certificates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting