U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2007, 05:17 PM

853 posts, read 936,496 times

Advertisements

While I am not a mother of young children (my baby is 17!) I thought this was worthwhile passing along. My niece, who has two small children, sent these links and the following information to me:

Toys etc. not made in China:

Still Made in USA.com: American-made Consumer Products

Welcome - Nova Natural Toys & Crafts (toys from Vermont) for those of you with children and a Christmas List

Oompa Toys - Unique, Natural, Wooden & European Toys & Baby Toys (more toys- a lot made in Germany, but some from China‚ÄĒcheck info on each individual toy - the origin is listed)

**ORAL-B toothbrushes and Playtex sippy cups are made in the USA!! Most Crayola products are made here or in Australia!**
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 09:34 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,026,632 times
Fat Brain Toys

Old 11-29-2007, 08:00 PM

1 posts, read 6,310 times
I can't believe the lack of manufacturer attention to this, especially from those that don't make goods in China. If my stuff was made elsewhere I'd post that fact all over my web site and advertising. If I was a retailer, I'd have signs pointing out every toy not made in china as well. Of course, those toys would fly off the shelves.

It's hard to find sites that help you find non-chinese toys, and a lot of the sites that do focus mainly on wooden toys. I found a couple sites that help find mainstream toys that my kids actually ask for. I've found a lot at Toys NOT Made in China - Find Safe Toys Kids Actually Want: Don't poison your kids and FAO Shwartz. FAO has a country search, but who can afford $300 for a stuffed bear?

Old 11-29-2007, 08:26 PM

853 posts, read 936,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster Dad View Post
I can't believe the lack of manufacturer attention to this, especially from those that don't make goods in China. If my stuff was made elsewhere I'd post that fact all over my web site and advertising. If I was a retailer, I'd have signs pointing out every toy not made in china as well. Of course, those toys would fly off the shelves.

It's hard to find sites that help you find non-chinese toys, and a lot of the sites that do focus mainly on wooden toys. I found a couple sites that help find mainstream toys that my kids actually ask for. I've found a lot at Toys NOT Made in China - Find Safe Toys Kids Actually Want: Don't poison your kids and FAO Shwartz. FAO has a country search, but who can afford $300 for a stuffed bear?

You bring up very good points! I saw a news story the other day where they interviewed several parents who were still planning on buying toys made in China!!

Old 12-02-2007, 01:35 PM

2 posts, read 12,574 times
Default There is a choice!

More than 1000 toys made in USA and Europe.

1000 toys NOT made in China on Squidoo

Old 12-02-2007, 01:41 PM

2 posts, read 12,574 times
<a href="http://www.squidoo.com/toysnotfromchina/ style="text-decoration:underline"> 1000 toys NOT made in China on Squidoo</a>

Old 12-02-2007, 02:11 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,607,414 times
Too bad most of those games those websites offer aren't very appealing to kids aged 8-11. They want Wii's, PS3's and Xbox's.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:40 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,026,982 times
I have found that it doesn't matter if they are made in China or not. It matters how much the manufacturers value quality over profit!

I have found toys made in China from companies that do NOT allow lead at all, any bpa, phathalates or PVC!

Some REALLY good brands are Infantino, Munchkin, Mellissa and Doug and ALEX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting