Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does you child have a legitimate child?
Yes 3 60.00%
No 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 08:39 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,321,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
No. I'm referring to my state laws and most state laws.

And you live in one of the few states with this required legitimation process, don't you?
Now that I reread what you originally said, I realized I was confused when I replied. I'm assuming that you live in Georgia (since you used it in your explanation). I live in Georgia, too.

I'll have to go back in my history to find the official GA government link where I read this, but here it is from GeorgiaCourts.org.

Establishing Paternity & Legitimation Under Georgia Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Except that 12 and 13 year olds with IQs of 60 can easily father a child. For many, fatherhood is nothing more than a sex drive and women with no standards.

Many are fathers simply because they were too stupid to put on a condom or get a vasectomy.
AMEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
I am probably the same age as you. Under 30 means what, exactly? An inability to google? I had a mortgage at age 21 and a career, I was well-aware of how to use google, like everyone else my age, because we had high-speed internet in elementary school.

If there is one thing that is common between custody stories, is that 3rd parties never get all the information and I can think of a number of issues with your friend's sob stories. If you encounter a sad man with illegitimate children, tell him to get off his ass and google his rights. If he can afford to take a girl out to dinner on a Friday night, surely he has a spare hour on Saturday morning to use a computer at the library and find some phone numbers/custody information?

Stop infantilizing men who don't try to enforce their rights. Their age is NO excuse, you understand "we" millenials aren't 12 years old anymore?
Well, I don't know how old you are, but I'm 19. I was stating the age of millennials because some people may not know our age range. It wasn't meant to be used as a crutch.

Please list the number of issues that you see with the "sob stories". And for the record, I never said they were my friends. To know someone personally doesn't mean that you're friends.

I understand where you're coming from and I totally agree. However, the matter of fact is that a lot of time, people don't think about the bad things that can happen. I don't understand it either. He probably wouldn't even need to go to the library. Chances are he has a laptop, iPhone, or iPad to look it up himself.

One of my closest friends is living with her boyfriend because her roommates didn't want to live with her again. Of course I told her that she's making a stupid decision, but she told me that "he's the one". Is it possible that he may be "the one"? Of course. But chances are, they'll be broken up by summer time. I would never live with a boyfriend without signing a cohabitation agreement, but that's just me.

Last edited by Pinkmani; 12-21-2013 at 08:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 09:08 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Now that I reread what you originally said, I realized I was confused when I replied. I'm assuming that you live in Georgia (since you used it in your explanation). I live in Georgia, too.

I'll have to go back in my history to find the official GA government link where I read this, but here it is from GeorgiaCourts.org.

Establishing Paternity & Legitimation Under Georgia Law
I live in Pennsylvania. I suggested you start this poll in the Georgia forum because this law doesn't apply to many other states.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:10 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,321,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I live in Pennsylvania. I suggested you start this poll in the Georgia forum because this law doesn't apply to many other states.
Okay, gotcha.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:48 PM

533 posts, read 1,112,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Except that 12 and 13 year olds with IQs of 60 can easily father a child. For many, fatherhood is nothing more than a sex drive and women with no standards.

Many are fathers simply because they were too stupid to put on a condom or get a vasectomy.
"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming a**hole be a father."

Old 12-21-2013, 07:39 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
In most states when an unmarried father signs the bc he also signs an affidavit of paternity. Then he is the legal father. End of story.

I think most dads know to sign the BC so what's the problem?

Also there appears to be a typo in the poll, what are you asking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting