Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 07:51 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times

Advertisements

I had heard very little of this case, I had not been aware that they went off and left their children unattended. I am astonished frankly. Even if they did dose their kids and they did stay asleep, think of all the other things that could go wrong.

In the little town I grew up in, there was a case where the Mother and Father were divorced, Mom worked at night as a nurse, she dosed all three of her children, the house caught on fire and all of them were killed. The firemen were having to go and get treatment from having to find a baby crawling across the floor, dead from smoke inhalation and the two older children upstairs in bed, dead from smoke inhalation. Drug testing showed they had been given Benadryl but had no signs of illness. As they were fighting the fire, the Mother came home, it took three firemen to keep her from running into the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 07:52 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Ummmmmmmmm, the worst has happened.

Don't get me wrong- I'm a mom, and their actions left me both infuriated and bewildered. Still, I maintain there is no punishment worse than their reality.
I'd like to see at least a large fine or something, to drive home the point that even if the worst doesn't happen (which it usually doesn't), leaving children that young unsupervised is criminal.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:39 PM

96 posts, read 356,622 times
I think they are suffering enough...I think what they did was wrong but I agree with akm4, they are suffering and for the rest of their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting