Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 10:47 PM

510 posts, read 370,762 times

Advertisements

You said a few month old baby should understand what an adult understands. Do you really think there is another person that would agree with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post

Tell him what you should have told him twenty years ago, that there are rules and standards in society and decent respectable humans need to abide by them, or else everyone will be acting like he is.

Moderator Cut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 10:58 PM

Yes, seriously, don't call the cops unless you want a suicide &/or homicide. Imagine his anger & depression if mom gets him 6 months in jail, loss of job, criminal record leading to reduced employment opportunities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydoc View Post

Not call the cops? Seriously? Here is a young man, with anger issues and a demonstrated lack of respect for his own family and property. He's probably stronger than you and although he may not have ever hit anyone, nor would he mean to hurt, his drug use (including alcohol) contributes to his lack of manners and violent tendencies.

Things could escalate quickly, if you don't take steps to do some serious damage control. I'm not saying that he is a bad person, or where the blame needs to go. I am just saying you have a tinder box on your hands and the fact that you wrote here, tells me that his abuse of you has escalated beyond where you can handle it yourself.

Old 08-25-2017, 11:10 PM

Calling the cops could get him 6 months in jail for cannabis. So then would he do suicide, homicide, or both and would that really be better? 30% of the guys his age use cannabis, His violence is from alcohol and I'm not sure of penalty for underage drinking or for property damage, anyone know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydoc View Post
Not call the cops? Seriously? Here is a young man, with anger issues and a demonstrated lack of respect for his own family and property. He's probably stronger than you and although he may not have ever hit anyone, nor would he mean to hurt, his drug use (including alcohol) contributes to his lack of manners and violent tendencies.

Things could escalate quickly, if you don't take steps to do some serious damage control. I'm not saying that he is a bad person, or where the blame needs to go. I am just saying you have a tinder box on your hands and the fact that you wrote here, tells me that his abuse of you has escalated beyond where you can handle it yourself.

Old 08-26-2017, 12:42 AM

In the OP' s area, cheapest apartments are $700-$750 1 br or $900-$950 for 2br so if he could get a roommate he'd have rent expense of $450-$475 per mo instead of $700+. Maybe there are gov't subsidized apts in area assuming his income is low enough. But could be a year or 2 wait and he might be more likely to get into trouble. I forgot to check for mobile home parks, This can't all be investigated in an hour or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Sit down with your son, explain it isn't working any more and you have packed up his things and he will be leaving that afternoon. Surely he has friends to crash with for a while or perhaps he will need to rent a hotel room for the time being.

Pack up his things, send your younger kids to a relative or friend and ask the police to back you up. You may need to take out an Order of Protection. Explain that he has been physically explosive and has threatened you.

Tell him when he can behave appropriately, you'd love to see him again but his days of living with you are over now. Good luck.

Old 08-26-2017, 01:18 AM

Over half of employers will hire cannabis users as long as they are good workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
As though the "kid" (aka adult) cares about being hired. Many businesses require a drug test before they'll hire, the "kid" (aka adult) is limiting his career choices himself because no one wants to hire druggies.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:38 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,236,547 times
I seriously think GWTJ is this mother's son.

Old 08-26-2017, 02:15 PM

No, I'm 66 y/o man, but I try to think younger, even listen to some of the same music. My interest in cannabis is because it can help with so many conditions and I don't like needless suffering and laws being made for phony reasons.

QUOTE=carnivalday;49320139]I seriously think GWTJ is this mother's son.[/quote]

Old 08-26-2017, 02:36 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,068,123 times
Contact your neighborhood pimp. Luther will arrive at your doorstep to pimp slap some sense into your son. Pimps are all about respecting they mama. If your son fails to straighten up and fly right, Luther will return and drag his disrespectful behind down to the meat packing district. I suspect this might be the turning point in your sons behavior and thus Luther will return him to you better than Beaver Cleaver.

Old 08-26-2017, 02:37 PM

Default Could son live in backyard tent temporarily?

Years ago a young relative was living with us because he was homeless at the time, with very little money. My mom felt afraid because he would sometimes yell. So he got a tent and put it up in the backyard. This was during our warmer weather season. He took long walks and played at the nearby disc golf course where people were generally friendly, and he got quite good at the game.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 592 times
Default Righteous judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
i don't know if you can get him out or not....but i have no sympathy for people with such problems because i believe kids turn out how you raise them, and it sounds like in your case, that's a big FAIL!
I signed up for this forum just because I couldn't believe that an
senior adult has not learned to walk in someone else's shoes before you judge them.
He apparently believes that in all cases if your child act up and
Is a problem then you were a terrible parent. I love ALL of my children and worked hard at raising them all and I was raised by terrific parents and sometimes you have that one child that is difficult all of his life. This is
Is just the disposition he was born with. I'm so happy that you are so clear about everyone's
Situation when you have no idea what it's like to lay awake at night and beg god to to steer you in the right direction to help this child you love so much. There's no pain like the heartache your children can cause you. I would be ashamed I I were you but maybe your parents didn't raise you right and I'm sure it's all their fault your this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting