Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 08:46 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,555,831 times

Advertisements

I should have added, it's pretty much CD Mom too. The comments are also pretty funny.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:29 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,273,334 times
*peeks at txt queen*

Old 11-10-2014, 07:42 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I should have added, it's pretty much CD Mom too. The comments are also pretty funny.
Hilarious! But I would add a few:

I agree, but I would add a few:

Helicopter mom: I know that it is not our backpack because we checked to make sure we had everything before we left. I am just about to send an email to the teacher concerning the homework since we are just a tiny bit confused about the instructions, so I will ask her if she knows who it belongs to!

Mommy war SAHM: It is probably the child of a working mother. If she had her priorities straight and gave up her fancy cars and Starbucks, her child would have her undivided attention and would not lash out by forgetting her backpack!

Mommy war working mom: It probably belongs to the child of a SAHM. I'm not sure what they do all day while their kids are in school, but they are in for a rude awakening if they ever want to reenter the workforce!

Childless person who hates kids but hangsout in the parenting forum: This is what I hate about kids!! They are always running around, leaving things lying all over the place, annoying the rest of us. What is so hard about watching your kids people???

Old 11-10-2014, 07:45 AM

6,417 posts, read 7,243,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post

Helicopter mom: I know that it is not our backpack because we checked to make sure we had everything before we left. I am just about to send an email to the teacher concerning the homework since we are just a tiny bit confused about the instructions, so I will ask her if she knows who it belongs to!

Mommy war SAHM: It is probably the child of a working mother. If she had her priorities straight and gave up her fancy cars and Starbucks, her child would have her undivided attention and would not lash out by forgetting her backpack!

Mommy war working mom: It probably belongs to the child of a SAHM. I'm not sure what they do all day while their kids are in school, but they are in for a rude awakening if they ever want to reenter the workforce!

Childless person who hates kids but hang out in the parenting forum: This is what I hate about kids!! They are always running around, leaving things lying all over the place, annoying the rest of us. What is so hard about watching your kids people???

Haha that last one is so true for CD!

Old 11-10-2014, 12:21 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,968,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Haha that last one is so true for CD!
*looks around*
I don't see any.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:59 PM

So I just read on a friends facebook and that she is vegan and doesn't eat anything made by animals in response to someone wishing they lived closer so they could get ice cream...She replied she's vegan and doesn't eat ice cream.

No ice cream? OMG. NO ICE CREAM?
My world would quit spinning if I stopped eating ice cream.

Don't see how she does it.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
So I just read on a friends facebook and that she is vegan and doesn't eat anything made by animals in response to someone wishing they lived closer so they could get ice cream...She replied she's vegan and doesn't eat ice cream.

No ice cream? OMG. NO ICE CREAM?
My world would quit spinning if I stopped eating ice cream.

Don't see how she does it.
She could eat non-dairy ice cream. My brother had to eat it because he's allergic to dairy and its actually pretty nice - pear flavour Swedish Glace was my favourite as a child.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
She could eat non-dairy ice cream. My brother had to eat it because he's allergic to dairy and its actually pretty nice - pear flavour Swedish Glace was my favourite as a child.
I doubt she really cares.
I simply can't see how she does it because as someone with very few allergies to food I can eat just about anything I want to and I couldn't fathom putting that much work into having such a small amount of things I could eat. If its food I eat it, even if I am slightly allergic, ex sushi(avocado), I have a slight dairy intolerance, bananas and melons. I spend the whole summer doing that weird thing with my tongue to scratch my throat because of eating bananas and watermelon.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I doubt she really cares.
I simply can't see how she does it because as someone with very few allergies to food I can eat just about anything I want to and I couldn't fathom putting that much work into having such a small amount of things I could eat. If its food I eat it, even if I am slightly allergic, ex sushi(avocado), I have a slight dairy intolerance, bananas and melons. I spend the whole summer doing that weird thing with my tongue to scratch my throat because of eating bananas and watermelon.
I don't understand so well either why people would limit foods when they don't need to purely because I have to limit my food because of coeliac disease and for several months had to limit it severely (no dairy, soy, eggs or citrus) because of my breastfed daughter's allergies so to me being able to physically eat things is great so why ruin that but she might have very strong feelings on the matter (animal welfare etc.) so no point in dwelling on it.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:27 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,555,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post

Childless person who hates kids but hangsout in the parenting forum: This is what I hate about kids!! They are always running around, leaving things lying all over the place, annoying the rest of us. What is so hard about watching your kids people???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.