Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2015, 02:28 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,968,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
So in a nutshell.....the accident was your fault, you were speeding, the seatbelt saved your life, but now you are suing the car manufacturer?
I could have walked away from the accident that day.
Had my seatbelt locked I would have walked away with just a broken chest and foot. I fractured the rib below my collar bone. I could have gone home that day, really sore but ok.

Instead part of me died that day. The happy active physical capable txt died that day. She never came home. Its like that day never ended sometimes.
My seatbelt never locked, I had second degree burns on my neck and chest from it pulling so hard. My seatbelt nearly took my life. It left me in hell.

Had my seatbelt locked I would have made it home that night, bruised, sore, few broken bones but nothing too major. Had my seatbelt locked, I'd still be normal.

Old 01-24-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
If she can't leave the state, I have to wonder if there isn't legal action being taken against her.
No. Im the one talking legal action. I rather move back home and travel back for court.
my lawyer says I have to be here, I think we're going to court. Edit: Going to trial. Hes mentioned a deposition and going over cross examination.

Old 01-24-2015, 02:56 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,273,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
i could have walked away from the accident that day.
Had my seatbelt locked i would have walked away with just a broken chest and foot. I fractured the rib below my collar bone. I could have gone home that day, really sore but ok.

Instead part of me died that day. The happy active physical capable txt died that day. She never came home. Its like that day never ended sometimes.
My seatbelt never locked, i had second degree burns on my neck and chest from it pulling so hard. My seatbelt nearly took my life. It left me in hell.

Had my seatbelt locked i would have made it home that night, bruised, sore, few broken bones but nothing too major. Had my seatbelt locked, i'd still be normal.
<3 <3 <3

Old 01-26-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
So in a nutshell.....the accident was your fault, you were speeding, the seatbelt saved your life, but now you are suing the car manufacturer?
I wasn't speeding.
I looked down while going under an overpass to grab a cig and when I looked up the light on the other side of the overpass was red, I had no very little time to stop.

My seatbelt never locked. I had second degree burns on my neck and chest from my seatbelt not locking. Its also the reason my back broke. Had my seatbelt done what it was supposed to do my back never would have broken.

Accidents happen, my car was supposed to work correctly during it.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:18 PM

Just used credit karma to check my credit.....

Last time I checked it was October 2013 and it was 468.
I just checked it again today, 645.

WOOOOOO!

*touchdown slams object into ground and touchdown dances*

I seriously called like everyone in my family to share the good news. My grandmother was the only person who really cared. My mom was like that's nice and TG was "busy". He's always busy, hes gone for two weeks and then home for two and when hes out on the road I may as well not exist. No calls before bed or in the morning to say hi. I don't expect him to talk for a long time or call all that often but I go days without hearing from him.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:38 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,443,002 times
So tell us again why you are still with him?

Old 01-26-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
So tell us again why you are still with him?
He told me he just drove like 30 hours straight. That's not safe.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:28 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,555,831 times
Quote:
I looked down while going under an overpass to grab a cig and when I looked up the light on the other side of the overpass was red, I had no very little time to stop.
If you had not been looking down to grab a cig you would have had plenty of time to stop safely. That is what a court of law will tell you.

Sounds a bit weird to me. If the seat belt had not locked you would have made contact with the steering wheel or windshield. Did you?

Old 01-26-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
If you had not been looking down to grab a cig you would have had plenty of time to stop safely. That is what a court of law will tell you.

Sounds a bit weird to me. If the seat belt had not locked you would have made contact with the steering wheel or windshield. Did you?
I came pretty close to hitting the steering wheel, the airbag still deployed at least. It kept my face from the steering wheel but I was maybe 2-3in away from the steering wheel when the air bag went off. That really hurt. I had cuts all over my face.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:49 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,555,831 times
Quote:
I came pretty close to hitting the steering wheel, the airbag still deployed at least. It kept my face from the steering wheel but I was maybe 2-3in away from the steering wheel when the air bag went off. That really hurt. I had cuts all over my face.
No you did not, although I noticed you suddenly removed the photos. Come on, get real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting