Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2015, 10:02 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I'm still taking the anxiety meds but it's not enough.
And I'm not going to get any bigger than I am now, I lost an inch in height and I'm now 130. I refuse to get fat. I spent most my adolescence a size 14. I'm not going back. The weight I already put on is making me miserable. I already went up two pants sizes. I've already lost so much and I can't get fat. I can't do that to myself. I don't want to be fat and ugly again.
If you honestly think that death is better than being fat, you need new meds, a counselor, or a combination of both. That is in no way a healthy feeling.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:09 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Post #68, on this thread, which you made on 5/22/14.

Drops mic.
I also told myself that I was OK and nothing was wrong with me.....

Shall I go dig up an old post where I start to admit I'm having issues and that I need to quit telling myself I'm fine when I'm not or that I've been lying to myself?

Need I spend some time on that?

Did I not brush off what happened and acted like it was cool?

I remember what I said dew.

And I remember retracting that when I started talking about my issues. It didn't work. It didn't go away. I acted like it didn't matter that I was going to try and go back to work sooner than 6 weeks.

I've got journal entries since the accident that show my positivity and determination and you can see the sharp turn down.

Denial....it's not just a river in Egypt. It also runs through my emotions.

Last edited by txtqueen; 01-27-2015 at 10:52 PM..

Old 01-27-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
As long as I have my brace on I'll be fine. I could handle walking around at work, selling stuff. As long as I don't life anything I should be fine.
Quote:
I don't want to admit that I almost did.
That was pretty close to being really bad.
I'll get you some ice.
Post #60 & #112

Old 01-27-2015, 10:33 PM

Also, thank you for taking out of context.
If you hadn't conveniently left out the rest of the post you would have seen where the sentence before that I asked "why does everyone say that?"

I see how it is.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:35 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,205 times
Just some advice....

Anything you post online, including such things as photos and admissions that you will not take prescribed medication for PTSD, is permanent. Investigators for car companies with big pockets will find it, and they will use it against you. I would make sure your lawyer knows exactly what you have posted on this or any other website so there are no surprises in court.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:38 PM

And I've said that I want it but need to find another one.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:04 AM

10 posts, read 10,713 times
At some point in time txt queen you're going to have to acknowledge that as a 25 year old woman you and only you are in charge of your life.

that you blame anyone but yourself for the current issues in your life allows for an inference that you are not indeed beyond the 19-year-old school of thought. I would know, I'm 19, and your thought process is highly reminescent of people my age, they think that if they can just get the job, if they could just get into the college, they'd be set for life. They seem to have forgotten 6 years ago when we were 12/13 and the economy went to hell, causing many of our parents to lose their jobs. $@() happens, that's part of life. Your platitudes of an "unforeseeable car accident" are not that unforeseeable and I don't think anyone plans or desires to get into an accident.

and, that you state that losing weight, tanning, having sex, smoking is more important than finding steady employment and a solid place to stay reeks of the "I'm an adult, I can do whatever I want with no consequences attitude".

Many of us had that attitude when we were 18. We learned very quickly that that attitude would get us the best spot of prime real estate on a park bench.

But as we all know, some people never grow up. My dad's youngest brother is 38 and still has the "I'm an adult so I have complete freedom and can do whatever I want" mindset, is constantly begging for handouts (like txt queens go fund me), and is living a mediocre life. Then it's just a question of how long you want to live a life of mediocrity and how long you'll put up with earning retail salary.

P.S. I'm a guy.

NHB

Old 01-28-2015, 12:50 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
OMG TXT QUEEN WILL BE ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY POUNDS! Quick someone, call out the forklift .

Old 01-28-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Post #68, on this thread, which you made on 5/22/14.

Drops mic.

Post #3464 on the thread in politics, which you made on 7/22/2009. Are we playing a game?

Old 01-28-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicehotburgers View Post
I'm only 19 and even i know despite inflation that $60 is still a lot to someone working for less than $15 an hour. $60 could buy you a few home cooked meals. with coupons, $60 could pay for half your target shopping cart if you buy store brands on sale. $60 could be put in the bank for a rainy day and sooner than you know it, it is $70. Unless wearing the store brand is taboo to you.

if you're going to get defensive every time someone suggests something you may as well not ask anything at all. you don't need a phone. i know to you it might seem like you need a phone. after all, wwiii might start if you don't know all the "deets" on your bff's new boyfriend

NHB

It's kind of hard to function in the modern world without a mobile phone. For even the simply fact of it being used for simply emergency purposes. Also, a lot of jobs are beginning to require you have one in order to get a hold of you. My job for example requires all lab techs to have smart phones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting