Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2015, 01:03 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Look here....I was 19 when I made this name....dear God how do I change it????

Moderator???? Help I want to change my name.

Anyways, I'm 25, i don't use the word "deets" and I don't have any bffs to keep track of. I live somewhere where those super cheap phones barely get reception. I have sprint and even it's bad out here.

I can find money to spare elsewhere. I was doing fine till the accident. I was OK. The accident set me back.

I'm under contract and I'm not paying to get out.
I never said I couldn't budget or afford the things I have.

This is about not being able to afford a 1500-2000 dollar move 1100 miles back home so I can be with my family while I tackle my ptsd that has me borderline suicidal at times.

So sweetie, you have the best intentions but please try to understand this isn't about me not being able to budget or afford what I already. It's about running against a ticking emotional time bomb, I'm trying to get back home to a mental and emotional support system.

I also don't have a home phone, nor do I need one, which is why I have the cell phone. $60 really is not a lot.

Again, I don't have 6 months or longer to save that amount to get home. I need to get back soon before I snap and end up worse off.

And don't tell me I dont need a phone, for my safety I do.

Was I that know it all at 19 too guys?
Will Queen still be in the name ?

Old 01-28-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicehotburgers View Post
At some point in time txt queen you're going to have to acknowledge that as a 25 year old woman you and only you are in charge of your life.

that you blame anyone but yourself for the current issues in your life allows for an inference that you are not indeed beyond the 19-year-old school of thought. I would know, I'm 19, and your thought process is highly reminescent of people my age, they think that if they can just get the job, if they could just get into the college, they'd be set for life. They seem to have forgotten 6 years ago when we were 12/13 and the economy went to hell, causing many of our parents to lose their jobs. $@() happens, that's part of life. Your platitudes of an "unforeseeable car accident" are not that unforeseeable and I don't think anyone plans or desires to get into an accident.

and, that you state that losing weight, tanning, having sex, smoking is more important than finding steady employment and a solid place to stay reeks of the "I'm an adult, I can do whatever I want with no consequences attitude".

Many of us had that attitude when we were 18. We learned very quickly that that attitude would get us the best spot of prime real estate on a park bench.

But as we all know, some people never grow up. My dad's youngest brother is 38 and still has the "I'm an adult so I have complete freedom and can do whatever I want" mindset, is constantly begging for handouts (like txt queens go fund me), and is living a mediocre life. Then it's just a question of how long you want to live a life of mediocrity and how long you'll put up with earning retail salary.

P.S. I'm a guy.

NHB
Did you join the group to just troll Txt? I mean she has problems but you haven't really been around long enough to judge her either.

Old 01-28-2015, 03:38 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Did you join the group to just troll Txt? I mean she has problems but you haven't really been around long enough to judge her either.
Amazing that NiceHotBurgers is new, yet so perfectly summed up exactly what so many of us have been telling Txt for years. It's not rocket science.

Old 01-28-2015, 03:54 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
He could very well been a longtime lurker who finally signed up an account just to say something here.

But let's be real here, it's way too easy to be judgmental here, especially on txtqueen who isn't exactly helping herself here.

Old 01-28-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Amazing that NiceHotBurgers is new, yet so perfectly summed up exactly what so many of us have been telling Txt for years. It's not rocket science.
I was wondering that myself actually.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
He could very well been a longtime lurker who finally signed up an account just to say something here.

But let's be real here, it's way too easy to be judgmental here, especially on txtqueen who isn't exactly helping herself here.
That is true, but I have a lot of sympathy for people with extreme emotional or physical pain. I've seen a few friends and family members deteriorate in situations like that.

Old 01-28-2015, 05:01 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
That is true, but I have a lot of sympathy for people with extreme emotional or physical pain. I've seen a few friends and family members deteriorate in situations like that.
We're not cold heartless people. It is possible to be sympathetic and frustrated at the same time. We've been advising text for 6 years and she's never once taken any of it to heart.

I am sympathetic to the fact that she's in pain. However, if she'd listened to anything we said, she would have a support system in place instead of feeling alone in her misery. She would have a job with medical benefits and disability coverage. She would have a savings account. She wouldn't be in a dead end relationship.

Even if we ignore the fact that the wreck was her fault, and just call it an "accident," we can't ignore the fact that the other circumstances of her life are 100% due to her poor choices.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:09 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Back to the topic of PARENTING, seeing as this is the PARENTING forum 'n all........

Here is an awesome PARENTING funny:

Three Brothers Re-Created Old Photos To Make This Epic Calendar For Mom - GoingViralPosts

Old 01-28-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
We're not cold heartless people. It is possible to be sympathetic and frustrated at the same time. We've been advising text for 6 years and she's never once taken any of it to heart.

I am sympathetic to the fact that she's in pain. However, if she'd listened to anything we said, she would have a support system in place instead of feeling alone in her misery. She would have a job with medical benefits and disability coverage. She would have a savings account. She wouldn't be in a dead end relationship.

Even if we ignore the fact that the wreck was her fault, and just call it an "accident," we can't ignore the fact that the other circumstances of her life are 100% due to her poor choices.
Now Now Kibbie, I never said that you were .

Old 01-28-2015, 09:13 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Back to the topic of PARENTING, seeing as this is the PARENTING forum 'n all........

Here is an awesome PARENTING funny:

Three Brothers Re-Created Old Photos To Make This Epic Calendar For Mom - GoingViralPosts
Lol! Those were excellent!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting