Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 12:33 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,249,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
As much as I dislike soccer, little kids playing soccer is one of the cutest things.
It is adorable and hilarious watching kids that are barely able to walk trying to kick a football! And when they get confused about which goal is their's and whether they can use their hands or not. Love it and can't wait til next week

Old 05-19-2015, 12:34 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
It is adorable and hilarious watching kids that are barely able to walk trying to kick a football! And when they get confused about which goal is their's and whether they can use their hands or not. Love it and can't wait til next week
Keep us posted!

Old 05-19-2015, 11:38 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Punch him in the babymaker! No, but seriously, sometimes you have to just let it go and realize some people are almighty ****heads. The only person you hurt carrying around baggage is yourself. Your Father likely doesn't think he treated you badly or doesn't care. The best thing you can do is to remove him from your life and not waste a thought on him.
Its my brothers dad.
And if I want to get to see my brother more then I have to suck it up and share time.

I wish his dad would have just stayed away.
I wish my family would quit trying to baby my brother and tell him just how bad it was. This man does not deserve to be back in his life.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:54 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Its my brothers dad.
And if I want to get to see my brother more then I have to suck it up and share time.

I wish his dad would have just stayed away.
I wish my family would quit trying to baby my brother and tell him just how bad it was. This man does not deserve to be back in his life.
That is your opinion, but you aren't really in the position to say the father doesn't deserve to be in his son's life. Especially since it appears your brother is actively seeking his company. From what you've posted so far in the last few days about your brother, his character sounds suspect.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
That is your opinion, but you aren't really in the position to say the father doesn't deserve to be in his son's life. Especially since it appears your brother is actively seeking his company. From what you've posted so far in the last few days about your brother, his character sounds suspect.
His dad sought him out. My brother visits him when he comes down here to visit.
They usually agrue about things but my brother was reslly torn up about not having a father in his life that I guess hes accepting what he gets.

We're just waiting for him to figure it out.

The last time I saw MY dad he wouldn't quit smoking cigarettes around my brother. My brothers airway would close. I told him if he did it one more time I wasn't going to have anything to do with him. He lit up a cig and that was the last time I saw him. I was 9.

My brother needs to demand that his dad not only accepts him but all his family members too. If I chose to get in touch with my dad and he had an issue with my family being around too, itd be a deal breaker. The way I look at it, ive been in my brothers life the whole time. Ive been a real family member. This man hasn't been a father or any type of family.

He dominates my brothers time down here and controls him. Tries to buy his compliance.

My brothers girlfriend is coming. She's going to hate it over there. She'll get my brother to stay with db and I. His father is trying to make up for lost time and when my brother comes to visit his dad usually tries to set a bunch of rules and him and my brother fight and then he leaves his dads and comes to stay here. After all I'm not some crazy tool who going to tell a 20 year old what to do. Next day his dad guilts him into hanging out.

He'll see one day.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:32 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
He hasn't figured it out?

He doesn't need to tell his father to "accept" his other family, but he should tell his father to be mindful of and respect the boundary and shut down the connection if his father chooses to cross the line. There's a difference. Your brother can only control his part of the equation here. If he's accepting what he gets, then you're just going to have accept that too. (But of course, I'm sure you'll quietly encourage him to stand up for himself.)

I don't know if its the case that he's immature and hasn't really learn how to have boundaries or if he's just one of those people that's attracted to the sort of thing... but even you know he's looking for something. If he's to "see one day", then he needs to be more exposed to his father's presence to get it.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
He hasn't figured it out?

He doesn't need to tell his father to "accept" his other family, but he should tell his father to be mindful of and respect the boundary and shut down the connection if his father chooses to cross the line. There's a difference. Your brother can only control his part of the equation here. If he's accepting what he gets, then you're just going to have accept that too. (But of course, I'm sure you'll quietly encourage him to stand up for himself.)

I don't know if its the case that he's immature and hasn't really learn how to have boundaries or if he's just one of those people that's attracted to the sort of thing... but even you know he's looking for something. If he's to "see one day", then he needs to be more exposed to his father's presence to get it.
He's just young and his dad is very dominating. He does what he wants and there's really very little budging. His dad is set in his ways and views.

My brother lives out in Colorado and his dad lives a town away from me. They don't live close to each other. Theyve seen each other a handful of times over the last year.
My brother will be down here a few months this time. I know the guy will do something to make my brother upset enough to not talk to him. Or so I can hope.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:18 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Stay out of it Txt. If you interfere and the relationship between them sours your brother will blame you. Just be there for him.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Stay out of it Txt. If you interfere and the relationship between them sours your brother will blame you. Just be there for him.
The man owes me an apology.
He hit me, I was just a child.
If he wants to be in his sons life he needs to start msking amends with the rest of us.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:42 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
The man owes me an apology.
He hit me, I was just a child.
If he wants to be in his sons life he needs to start msking amends with the rest of us.
So now as usual it's all about you? If you want him to apologize to you, then ask, but that has nothing to do with your brother's relationship with him, you have no right to demand control over that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting