Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:43 AM

1,594 posts, read 5,281,032 times

Advertisements

Whats really cool about having a girl and 2 boys is that they can play with each others toys without having to explain themselves. I do not care if my boys are playing Barbies or with they kitchen set or my little girl plays with their army men or whatever. They are learning on their own about imagination and creativity. My son who is 3 however, will not even go near anything that is girl related... he freaks out about it for some reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 11:45 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj_fla View Post
Whats really cool about having a girl and 2 boys is that they can play with each others toys without having to explain themselves. I do not care if my boys are playing Barbies or with they kitchen set or my little girl plays with their army men or whatever. They are learning on their own about imagination and creativity. My son who is 3 however, will not even go near anything that is girl related... he freaks out about it for some reason.
The DS probably knows that he's all his life infront of him full with working and cooking and doing some things in the house or around it. Very clever boy!

Old 12-12-2007, 01:23 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
My son, who is now 14, never had the kitchen growing up. But he got the cooking bug a couple of years back - I think while visiting my brother, who is an incredible cook. I am the worst cook in the family - I hate it. My son cooked most meals last summer. He enjoys experimenting and the scientific side of cooking/food. He does watch some Food Network shows - one being Good Eats which generally explains the science behind food, making food.
He plans to go into Engineering. I told him he'll be a hit in college with all the girls because he can do more than order pizza......

Old 12-12-2007, 05:34 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
I would say that it may be an early sign of homosexuality in the child but that you should not try to alter it because if the child is gay, he is going to be that way and there is nothing you can do. You should talk to the child and see what is in his minds and reassure him that being gay is quite OK and that he need never hide what he is from his parents.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:09 PM

371 posts, read 2,029,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
Some of the most wealthy, successful fashion moguls are men.
Calvin Klein!

Old 11-06-2008, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,757 times
my brother had a wooden play kitchen..he just graduated from the Culinary institue of america..and so did his fiance..

Old 11-06-2008, 01:17 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,537,386 times
We got our sons play kitchens and associated items when they were young (over 25 years ago). The toys didn't adversely affect them in any way. However, it didn't pique their interest in learning to cook; college took care of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting