Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 01:14 PM

36,227 posts, read 30,671,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
My DH keeps telling me the same thing. At what age do kids need to be taught that mommy has other things to do? I think I feel so guilty about leaving her at the daycare for such long hours that I do this to myself. God...if only I can find a job closer to home, I can cut down on commute time.

Do you all have spot less floors/ carpets at home? I try to mop once in 2 days but that doesnt seem to do the job on my tile-kitchen floors. Or should i just forget out spot-less home until she grows up a bit?
LOL. Heck no I've never had spotless floors. I became a single parent when mine were 5 and 2. Worked 2 part time jobs and went back to school so I understand what your going thru. Please forget about a spotless house. That house will most likely be around longer than you and no one will care how clean you kept it. Enjoy time with your child while you can but don't forget you time is important too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 01:43 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
LOL. Heck no I've never had spotless floors. I became a single parent when mine were 5 and 2. Worked 2 part time jobs and went back to school so I understand what your going thru. Please forget about a spotless house. That house will most likely be around longer than you and no one will care how clean you kept it. Enjoy time with your child while you can but don't forget you time is important too.
True. Aiming to keep the home spotless all the time is a lost battle. i tried and learned it the hard way. I just realized 2 days ago (after opening this thread) that I had been so caught up with everything, I had been taking painkillers (tylenol) every night keep my back pain at bay. Ideally, if I just take it easy, there wouldnt be any pain. I was overdoing it and I slowed down...thanks to CD

Old 04-15-2014, 02:27 PM

36,227 posts, read 30,671,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
True. Aiming to keep the home spotless all the time is a lost battle. i tried and learned it the hard way. I just realized 2 days ago (after opening this thread) that I had been so caught up with everything, I had been taking painkillers (tylenol) every night keep my back pain at bay. Ideally, if I just take it easy, there wouldnt be any pain. I was overdoing it and I slowed down...thanks to CD
When mom and dad were first married (mom was a clean freak) and before they had kids, my aunt and her 5 children stayed with them for awhile. My aunt was going thru a separation and was depressed so needless to say didn't help mom or hardly kept up with her kids. Mom nearly had a nervous breakdown and had to seek medical help because she couldn't keep her house clean. Her Dr. was the one that told her that house would be there when she was dead and gone (it is) and no one would care or remember her for her spotless house (they don't). Thankfully she listened to him. Im glad you have seen the light. Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting