Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 08:48 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
No kidding. I guess the likes of George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, etc had them in fits.

It's satire you uptight prisses. Relax.
I loved Carlin, not too fond of Chris Rock though....Murphy had his moments. My current favorite is Eddie Izzard.

This may be satire....but it's not funny and it's down-right insulting to daughters. Just because something is meant to be humorous, doesn't mean it is....and just because people are willing to point out why it's not funny, doesn't make them prisses.

Last edited by Jaded; 04-20-2014 at 12:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
At some point she will want to have sex with someone and she will consent to that sex. Will you still want to beat up the young man?
Probably.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:55 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,907,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo-e View Post
Wow. Thanks from all of us highly educated working women who raised our sons to respect women. My son's girlfriends have all been extremely smart girls who went to top colleges, and I think all the hiking, birding, and classical music they've enjoyed together were the reasons he liked dating them. Intelligent young men want intellectual equals with common interests. ANY girl can give a guy sex, there's nothing special about them if that's all they have to offer. My son would be bored silly with a girl like that before he even came close to asking her out.

I agree 100%. My older two sons have had very nice young ladies as girlfriends. Young ladies who were funny, smart, pretty and had their own interest outside of my son. My oldest son's HS girlfriend is currently attending college on a lacrosse scholarship. My middle son has a lovely girlfriend who is a drummer. She also sings in the chorus and is looking to attend college after she graduates from HS (she's a junior). She is a very nice young lady. She is polite and funny and I will miss her when he goes off to college in the fall.

They may or may not have had sex, but sex doesn't mean disrespect does it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo-e View Post
Why are you projecting your own attitude toward women onto any boys who might date your daughter? I wouldn't let me son near her, with a father who thinks he wants "one thing and one thing only." YOU need to learn some respect, too, for young men who "deserve it." What an insult to reduce someone who graduated near the top of their high school and college classes and has won national awards in music and chess, runs marathons, and does volunteer work to an oversexed user.
My oldest son had a date with one girl with an overzealous father. He never dated her again. I am sure her boyfriends consisted of young men who "understood" the need to protect the girl from predators. Those young men are probably predators themselves. Nice boys, who respect women, will not stand for that type of treatment and simply disappear from the girl's life.

My older sons are both good students. One is an athlete, the other is a musician. They enjoy a variety of wholesome activities. I assume they have normal sex drives. A woman they date is MORE than just a sex partner although that may be part of the relationship.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:46 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,640 times
You're right it is satire. The funniest part is what your daughters will willingly be doing with my sons. What you don't know won't hurt you. When your daughters tell's my son she wants him to pull her hair and spank her, I will warn him of that so he does not get a shocked look on his face and ruin the moment.

Old 04-19-2014, 01:11 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
When I was dating in high school I loved to meet parents like this. Always assuming I'm a rapist and abuser of their sweet angel descended from the heavens daughters. I never used to have the heart tell them what their daughters wanted me to do to them....wanted... as in she wanted something from me. Not I raped her, but she wanted it.

I'm sure my Dad wouldn't mind a quick "chat" with these Dad's who assume that he's such a poor father that he can't raise kids their way. Oh, and about your Daughter. She likes to be bent over the couch when you and your wife go to the store. I was young so it was quick, but fun. She still smiles at the memory Dad.

I know it's satire, but it's really getting old. I've actually met guys who think its OK to shoot a kid that their daughter wants to be around. So yes it's always couched satirically but there is an undercurrent of disrespect to men, fathers of boys and boys in general. Plus, my posts are always satire too.
+1

I think we've forgotten what consensual means and the understanding that females are sexual beings with needs. The reason this was an issue from our cultural past is that daughters were "bought" for marriage and having sex with a man's daughter was stealing! Women were thought of as objects who had sex to serve a man and had no needs of their own. Really outdated b.s. concept that's nothing more than sexual repression of women. Women are equal players in any relationship. Ask any man that has been crushed/screwed by a woman. It goes both ways.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:01 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
I loved Carlin, not too fond of Chris Rock though....Murphy had his moments. My current favorite is Eddie Izzard.

This may be satire....but it's not funny and it's down-right insulting to daughters. Just because something is meant to be humorous, doesn't mean it is....and just because people are willing to point out why it's not funny, doesn't make them prisses.
As long as you realize that each and every point you made is nothing more than your opinion this thread succeeds in its diversity of ideas.

Last edited by Jaded; 04-20-2014 at 12:56 AM..

Old 04-19-2014, 04:44 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
Sorry to everyone getting all uppity out this, but my daughter is the apple of my eye, and when she hits dating age, if I ever get the slightest inkling that a guy isn't going to treat her with the respect she deserves, then he's not coming near her. Simple as that. It's not a secret that most guys want one thing and one thing only, and my daughter is not somebody's cheap conquest.
Maybe I should make a video ~ for the girls that think they can 'catch' my son by having unprotected sex with him and getting pregnant.

I got some words for them!

I find this whole attitude toward boys ridiculous. Why is everyone so worried about what my son is thinking when you let your daughters run around with shorts that let her cheeks hang out?

Please.

It's NO secret that both boys and teen-age girls want to have sex. IF you think otherwise, you are kidding yourself.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I find this whole attitude toward boys ridiculous. Why is everyone so worried about what my son is thinking when you let your daughters run around with shorts that let her cheeks hang out?
Well, I never let my daughter dress like that....lol...in fact she's more conservative in most of her clothing then even I think she has to be....but I agree.

The attitude towards boys these days is horrible. I can see that and don't even have a son.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:06 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,303,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Well, if you've raised her with a good sense of self....she's not going to want him to get near her in the first place....and it's one thing to set rules and boundaries for a son or daughter....it's another to advocate violence.
We have raised our daughter with a great sense of self. I've never seen another teenage girl more comfortable in her own skin. We have adored her boyfriends to date. She chooses not to have sex because she has many other things to do and doesn't want to chance becoming a mother yet.....and I still find this funny....lord help those that live with such little humor in their lives.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Just because these attitudes are couched in humor that does not make them less corrosive to women. I am a woman and also the mother of sons. I can tell you the following:

1. Good girls like sex just as much as bad girls. Lets stop telling young women there is something wrong with them if they like sex and want sex.

2. Most men are not rapists. Most sex is consensual. That means that women agreed to the sex and wanted it. Let's stop treating sexual activity as if it were some sort of activity that requires blame be placed on someone.

3. A woman should decide who her sexual partners will be, not her father. Let's let women have the power over their own bodies.

This attitude is harmful to woman (as it is to men).

Its not harmful, it's a JOKE. I know our daughter is fully aware that what she does with her body is up to her...but she also knows she has loving, caring parents that if a boy took advantage of her, he would also have to answer to US. and her brothers, a few cousins, several uncles.....probably her Grandfather too.... So sad that you can't see the difference....

Old 04-19-2014, 06:41 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,907,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Its not harmful, it's a JOKE. I know our daughter is fully aware that what she does with her body is up to her...but she also knows she has loving, caring parents that if a boy took advantage of her, he would also have to answer to US. and her brothers, a few cousins, several uncles.....probably her Grandfather too.... So sad that you can't see the difference....
The attitude is corrosive to both women and men. Just because it's funny it doesn't make the attitude any less corrosive.

Why should a man have to answer to anyone for having consensual sex with a woman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting