Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2014, 03:42 PM

95 posts, read 394,170 times

Advertisements

My 9 year old son has started sleepwalking/talking a lot lately. He has had moments in the past but nothing like this. He goes to bed then immediately starts acting out his dreams. He loves Pokemon, most of the time he plays with his Pokemon and heads off to start his Pokemon training (in his dreams of course). He will get up, eat, look out the window, etc. I have "woken" him up in his dream and he will go to his room and play with his Legos....but he is still sound asleep. If I make him open his eyes to prove he is awake then his eyes are rolled in the back of his head. He remembers what he dreams and thinks I'm psychic because I can tell him everything he did in his dream. He is very coherent. This is doing me no good because he will not lay down for good until after midnight. What can I do to help him? Anyone have experience with this kind of sleepwalking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 05:23 PM

1,239 posts, read 2,008,793 times
Wow. I was a bit of a sleep walker as a kid, but nothing like that. I still talk in my sleep. My kids do it a bit too.

My concern would be him getting hurt...can he fall down stairs, can he get outside? I woke up one night to faint crying and couldn't find my 3 year old. He ended up being two stories down in the basement.

Have you talked to his pedi? Or tried a sleep study?

Old 07-06-2014, 05:27 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,002,846 times
My Son 10-11yo went thru that phase also, talking in his sleep, walking around the house in the middle of the night, Some times i would find him asleep on the floor around the house in the morning. Once sleeping in the Big Bathtub in my bathroom.

Never asked anyone, he out grew it, I guess, I figured it was just part of early puberty...

Last edited by flyonpa; 07-06-2014 at 05:39 PM..

Old 07-08-2014, 06:18 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,627 times
Is he using any illegal drugs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting