Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 10:44 AM

16 posts, read 32,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
You let that many children in your house and didn't supervise them? Many of those kids are too old to be around your child. Would love to know why five year old has an iPad! Parental control should be on the device to limit internet access.

Set up age appropriate play dates from now on.
Being judge mental will get you nowhere in life. I'm a damn good mother and don't need to defend myself to you or anyone else. Have a nice day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 10:46 AM

Thanks to those with positive feedback : )

Old 07-12-2014, 01:05 PM

858 posts, read 1,807,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_marto View Post
That 9 year old is either already a psychopath by DNA or he gets abused himself.
^^This. I have a 9 year old and he has never expressed any interest on naked women, kisses (ewww), girlfriends and such. Same with his friends. So this 9 yo interest is strange.

OP, it's OK for the younger ones to play without the big brother.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:09 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,907,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmauch13 View Post
We just moved to the neighborhood and my son, 5, became fast friends with brothers, 4 & 9, who live behind us. I could tell something was off with the 9 year old. He's very rough. He's made my son cry numerous times, and even gave his brother a bloody nose and has a bad temper. They spend a lot of time here. One day we had two families over for a cookout. There were 7 kids ages 5-10, and then here comes the two brothers. We let them stay. After dinner the oldest girl comes down with my son's ipad and says the 9 yr old googled naked women pics and showed all the kids and we found out later, asked the two 5 yr old girls to kiss him while showing them the pics. I confirmed it by looking at the computer history then told him he had to leave. As he was leaving he yells at me, at which point in time I want to do something I'd go to jail for. I texted his dad. I got a I'm sorry this happened, I told him it's inappropriate and grounded him from his computer. My son missed the 4 yr old so I asked for just him to come over. Sure enough the next thing I know the 9 yr old is ringing the doorbell. He proceeds to tell me he didn't do it, blah blah. We say you're not being honest and you are no longer welcome here. I text the dad to ask if we can get together and talk about the situation and all I get is ok sounds good and no follow-up. Now when my son and the 4 yr old are playing, he stands right at our property line and acts out to get attention. I've tried talking to my 5 yr old, he just turned 5, but he doesn't get it. We've set all the parental controls up now on the computers, but I just don't want this kid at my house. How do I handle this situation? I really want my son to still be able to be friends with the younger brother.
I think you have handled it fine so far.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:35 PM

Merjolie8- yes, it was very surprising that he knew it, spelled it correctly then stated now I'm going to look up naked men. The kid definitely has issues, I'm just not sure what and since the parents won't talk to me about what happened, I probably won't know. His dad's response was strange and very nonchalant, which makes me wonder if it's happened before.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:22 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,035,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
Would love to know why five year old has an iPad! .
I agree. The first thing that stood out to me was why a five year old has an iPad. Oh, and being judgmental will get you everywhere in life, its how we determine whats right or wrong for us individually. It is clearly an issue for you or you would not have been compelled to state that it wasn't

Anyway, that's a different issue, but yikes. As for the nine year old, seems simple, hes not welcome here any longer. If his parents won't support that, oh well hes 5, he will find new friends. Good luck.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:47 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Be very careful with this 9 year old, keep your child away from him. Never let your child be alone with him.

We had a 'distrubed' kid (don't know what else to call him) that lived in our neighborhood. As far as his parents, he never did anything wrong. He pushed his mother down a flight of stairs in their home, but the broken arm was an accident. She said he 'accidentally' fell into her causing the fall. He accidentally killed a neighbor's cat choking it to death. He accidentally broke a neighbor's son's arm showing him a trick he learned.

Our son was in our yard riding his bike up and down the driveway, I was working in the garden, the kid came up and jumped on our son beating him. My teenage daughter was watching out the window and ran outside and yanked up the boy and shook him real good. She told him she would beat him to pieces if he ever touched her brother again. Then I get a call from the mother inquiring what did your daughter do to my son. I asked her did she want to see my son's bruises. My son was a year younger than him.

They are all grown now and the boy at 19 was sentenced to 25 to life and is serving time in prison. In addition he is a registered sex offender.

I don't know why, but that child was just evil, I have worked with children and been around rambunctious children, little talkers, those that get into everything and they all had good little hearts, but this little boy was evil. Is it the parents fault, or are they just born this way, I don't know.

For his safety just keep your son away from this 9 year old boy and be present when the 9 year old comes around.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:03 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,598,476 times
To the people asking why a 5 year old has an iPad I hate to be the one to tell you but it's not uncommon for young children to have some sort of tablet these days.

I wouldn't let the 9 year old in my house anymore. IMO 9 is to old to be playing with a 5 year old anyway. I can''t really imagine they have much in common when it comes to play.

What I find especially surprising it that parents are letting their 4 year old out and about the neighborhood with no other supervision than a 9 year old. When my son was 4 the only way he would have been playing in someone else's house is if I were there.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post

I wouldn't let the 9 year old in my house anymore. IMO 9 is to old to be playing with a 5 year old anyway. I can''t really imagine they have much in common when it comes to play.

What I find especially surprising it that parents are letting their 4 year old out and about the neighborhood with no other supervision than a 9 year old. When my son was 4 the only way he would have been playing in someone else's house is if I were there.
I agree, I thought it was strange that my son clicked with the older one better. But I do think mentally this 9 yr old isn't 9, so I think that may be why. It was strange how the 9 yr old would "defend" my son and beat the crap out of his little brother if he made my son upset. There were several times we had to tell him "if you do that again, you're going home". They were always at my house and when they tried to go home, they were sent back over here to play, so I don't know what the deal is over there.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:00 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,000,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I agree that a 4 year difference is much too much for kids of pretty much any age. That much of an age difference leads to the older kid having far too much sway over the younger kid mentally and the size difference goes right along with it.

4 and 5 year old can play. No 9 year olds. I would also keep an eye on the 4 year old to make sure as their relationship progresses that he doesn't start exhibiting the same issues as his older brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting