Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 03:57 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
We are trying to teach her consideration for the rest of the family. And why did you take the time to respond with this post? Stunned!
And where's your consideration for your DAUGHTER to take a shower in the amount of time SHE wants to take it in? This is how you treat your family?

Old 07-18-2014, 03:58 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
she told me she would rather have a set time to shower than have me pressure her to get out. Sometimes when I go in there and speak to her she is absolutely startled and seems to jerk a bit. She really gets in the zone in the shower. It must be fun to imagine being a fairy under a waterfall.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:59 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,504 times
Quote:
she told me she would rather have a set time to shower than have me pressure her to get out. Sometimes when I go in there and speak to her she is absolutely startled and seems to jerk a bit. She really gets in the zone in the shower. It must be fun to imagine being a fairy under a waterfall.
Well then say that! If it's your daughter's idea to have a set time, don't you think you should mention that?

Old 07-18-2014, 03:59 PM

9 posts, read 10,673 times
Quote:
Joan- I see you are new to CD. Welcome. Most people on here know a thing or two about each other.
Okay, I'll help you out.

1) Install a 24/7 video surveillance system with motion detectors. Obtain a mobile device that alerts you when any of the girls enter the bathroom, and automatically shuts off the water.

2) attach a water regulator to the shower incase system #1 fails.

3) Ensure you keep a running log of how much water the girls use down to the milliliter. Accost the girls every time there is a milliliter difference in water usage.

or just stop making mountains out of molehills.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:01 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Don't be silly. I didn't say the plumbing should be upgraded so she can play in the shower. I said it's possible that there isn't enough hot water for all four people to take showers of equal lengths of time. Let's say each person is limited to 15 minutes. (You said 10-15 and I said 15-20, so we'll go with 15.) That's an hour of hot water. It's possible the hot water tank can't keep up with that. The daughter shouldn't be blamed if that's the real reason there isn't enough hot water. I simply offered it as something to consider. Some people don't know that there are point-of-use tankless water heaters that can provide unlimited hot water to a specific faucet. I'm just providing the most information that comes to mind. No reason to have a "good grief" heart attack over it, Mattie.
I am not having a "heart attack" over anything. I still roll my eyes over expecting that parents should upgrade plumbing to facilitate a child playing in the shower.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:03 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
And here is something I'm sure will shock many here. How long I or my DH takes in the shower is not the issue. If I want to spend an hour with the water running and nobody is waiting to take a shower after me then that is fine. We pay the bills and we are of the old fashioned thought that parents and children are not equal. GASP!!!
If you and your husband are last to take the shower, the length of your shower is relevant if you run out of hot water due to taking a shower that's an hour long when everyone else is taking short showers. Cutting children down to 7 minute showers so parents can take hour long showers afterwards is like parents having steak and feeding their children hotdogs every night, or parents not buying winter coats so they can afford to drive expensive foreign cars. I mention the hotdog/winter coat situations because I had childhood neighbors that did that.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:05 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
And where's your consideration for your DAUGHTER to take a shower in the amount of time SHE wants to take it in? This is how you treat your family?
Her daughter is not paying the bills(not that NK has mentioned that as a consideration). Her daughter has to start adjusting to a new morning schedule that will begin shortly. Since when are parents supposed to practice the Anything Goes school of child raising?

Old 07-18-2014, 04:06 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Her daughter is not paying the bills(not that NK has mentioned that as a consideration). Her daughter has to start adjusting to a new morning schedule that will begin shortly. Since when are parents supposed to practice the Anything Goes school of child raising?
Since when are parents supposed to be so completely over bearing that they regulate things like time in the shower?

Old 07-18-2014, 04:08 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,504 times
Quote:
There is a difference between timing your child's shower down to the minute and practicing an anything goes school of child raising. But I think you know that...

Old 07-18-2014, 04:14 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
I am not having a "heart attack" over anything. I still roll my eyes over expecting that parents should upgrade plumbing to facilitate a child playing in the shower.
Again, I NEVER said a plumbing upgrade should be done to allow a child to pay in the shower. There might not be enough hot water even if the shower times are limited. I provided No Kudzu with information about point-of-use tankless water heaters if that's the case because some houses don't have adequate hot water tanks for the households, even new houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting