Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 08:37 AM

10,080 posts, read 7,758,890 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious. That's why I'm asking....no other reason.

There are 2 sisters and one of the sister's husband is a meth addict. In fact he was arrested not long ago for the 2nd time for meth manufacturing and abuse. But this time he had an additional charge of manufacture of meth in front of minor children.

This sister still lives in the house with this guy she is married to. Her sister's children are at this house often as the other sister doesn't work and can't afford the kids so the sister takes them into her house. In fact one of the little girls calls her mommy.

I would think CPS or someone would remove the children from these conditions but maybe since he's hasn't been to court yet, it's ok?

Last edited by diddlydudette; 07-23-2014 at 09:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 08:44 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,338,753 times
Children should NEVER be living or visiting a home where meth is manufactured and used. If meth has been manufactured in a home and not properly cleaned and decontaminated it is a health risk for all, especially children. Perhaps CPS is not aware of the situation?

Old 07-23-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Children should NEVER be living or visiting a home where meth is manufactured and used. If meth has been manufactured in a home and not properly cleaned and decontaminated it is a health risk for all, especially children. Perhaps CPS is not aware of the situation?
This is what I'm curious about...Did CPS know and just declare it ok if house was decontaminated? I don't know anything about meth except what I've read or seen on TV. I'd think the children would have been removed from this home and it not be ok to live there until the abuser was removed from the house and home decontaminated.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:11 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,404,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post

There are 2 sisters and one of the sister's husband is a meth addict. In fact he was arrested not long ago for the 2nd time for meth manufacturing and abuse. But this time he had an additional charge of manufacture of meth in front of minor children.

This sister still lives in the house with this guy she is married to. Her sister's children are at this house often as the other sister doesn't work and can't afford the kids so the sister takes them into her house. In fact one of the little girls calls her mommy.

I would think CPS or someone would remove the children from these conditions but maybe since he's hasn't been to court yet, it's ok?
The children should be removed from both homes, IMO. Neither sister has a clue about what's a healthy environment for their child.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
The children should be removed from both homes, IMO. Neither sister has a clue about what's a healthy environment for their child.
I totally agree. You are so right. But it still amazes me under what conditions these children live in.

It absolutely floors me!!

The 3rd sister that had 3 kids FINALLY had all 3 of her kids taken away permanently. It was awful what her kids witnessed and went thru. She's had DUIs in the past. Why was she even allowed to drive her children anywhere with her past of alcohol and drug abuse? Her kids should have been taken away years ago. The 'mom' was found drunk on the ground beside her car with her kids still strapped in. Finally they were taken away. Those kids had been through so much and seen so much and moved from house to house. Now looking at these kids living with a meth abuser, I still cringe at how they are allowed to live....so sad. It makes me wonder what extreme conditions does it take before CPS considers it abuse and neglect....hopefully before it's too late.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:31 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,052,133 times
This needed to be asked?

Old 07-23-2014, 09:37 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,702,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post

So these children are not actually living there....as in have it as their legal residence with the aunt having custody of them....they are just there all the time while the mother (the other sister) still has custody?

CPS might not even be aware that they are actually living there full time.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:38 AM

88,528 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
This needed to be asked?
The OP seems to be under some strange illusion that CPS is out there monitoring all the children and will swoop down and remove them from a home if there is something questionable going on. If no one is reporting anything, no one will check. She did say he had a charge of manufacturing meth in front of children, though, so you'd think there would be some type of report.

IMO, the mother should be smacked upside the head.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
So these children are not actually living there....as in have it as their legal residence with the aunt having custody of them....they are just there all the time while the mother (the other sister) still has custody?

CPS might not even be aware that they are actually living there full time.
I'm unclear of this.

Late in 2012, the 'mom' of these kids was arrested and went to prison for about 3 months. At that time the 'mom' had 2 kids and this sister got legal custody of one of them. She may still have it just to get the welfare checks/food stamps??? I have no idea how it works. One of her kids at the time I believe stayed with baby daddy's mom. The 'mom' got out of prison and within 6 months got pregnant with the 3rd kid.

All I know is this particular sister at one time had custody of the one child. If she still does I have no idea but I do know there are plenty of times where she will take in 2 or all 3 kids into her home. I think they were using her meth husband to do a lot of babysitting.

Or if the 'mom' is released from prison, does she automatically get custody back if she wants?? All I know is it seems the sister spends more time with these kids at her house than the actual mom takes care of them. In fact the one girl that she had custody of while her sister was in prison calls her mom. So to her, her aunt is her mom.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
This needed to be asked?
I know right? You'd think it would be obvious but I'm thinking evidently not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting