Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:42 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,682,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
Talk about over-reacting...

The ER??? Are you kidding me????

Since Dad is in law enforcement, you'd think the girl would be taught that under no circumstances is anyone to touch there. Why isn't the girl taught to kick or stop another 6 year old from touching her than just sit there and let it happen? At that age, it isn't sexual anyway. The boy needs to learn that's not ok, but he's no criminal, and the girl has to know how to say no.
I completely agree with your posts.

There is a fine line between teaching a child what is "normal sexual curiosity" and what is just not acceptable in the kindergarten classroom.

As for "learningmommy", I am very sorry for the 'more serious' situation you are in and do agree that perhaps a video or magazine may have influenced the licking situation.

Perhaps have a frank discussion with your child asking them where they saw that activity - and that you are NOT mad - but there are some actions that are meant for adults - driving etc and those actions are okay when he is a man or when she is a woman....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 12:21 AM

151 posts, read 272,272 times
It starts with the butts when hes young and becomes the vaginal area when hes 12 and when hes 18, it becomes a fixation with kids. I've seen this behaviour many times and it always grows in ferocity, to the point of having a prison sentence and a name on the offenders registar.

Like they say: "A child who loves killing animals will grow up taking it out on humans". Like Michael from Haddonfield.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:50 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,065,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonBoy View Post
It starts with the butts when hes young and becomes the vaginal area when hes 12 and when hes 18, it becomes a fixation with kids. I've seen this behaviour many times and it always grows in ferocity, to the point of having a prison sentence and a name on the offenders registar.

Like they say: "A child who loves killing animals will grow up taking it out on humans". Like Michael from Haddonfield.
That's a load of crap.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:40 AM

603 posts, read 2,358,486 times
I think you should just keep talking to him about private parts, where it's not appropriate to touch, etc. Try not to show too much emotion or he might start doing it to get a rise out of people. Discussing it with a child psychologist wouldn't hurt-not that I think he has a sexual problem, but a professional might have good tips on how to handle it. Good idea to stop the Sponge Bob. It is not a good show for kids to watch, even though it is marketed to that age group.

I think our society is hyper-sensitive to anything sexual with our youth because of the concern that kids are either being molested or being shown inappropriate material. We also are more aware of the long term effects of sexual abuse in youngsters. It's good that we are more vigilant, but I think sometimes kids who might do something out of innocence or curiosity are punished too harshly. My friend's son pulled down a girls pants when he was 4 and he was kicked out of his day care. It wasn't a sexual advance, he was just being impulsive, maybe he saw something like that on TV, who knows, but it wasn't sexual.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
That's a load of crap.
Say that to the psychologists who have proven this set of theories.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:21 AM

1,032 posts, read 4,263,563 times
Quote:

Oh please...

Old 02-04-2009, 06:23 AM

1,032 posts, read 4,263,563 times
Quote:
"Proven"?? Are you sure of that? I happen to have a strong background in Psychology and stating that these theories are "proven" is going way overboard.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:28 AM

Sorry, I got mixed. I'm British and these types of things are different here.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:07 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by learningmom View Post
I actually found this site while trying to find answers to my own dilema with my four year old. We had an incident about 5 months ago where he licked a little girls private parts while at a friends party. Of course being a first time parent I burst into tears and was sick for a week about what to do. We have always made it a point to edit what is on our television. We dont use fowl language, and go to church. I am not sure where the idea even came from. When I asked my son he said is just came in his head and that it gets "mixed up" some times. We talked to him about private parts and what is ok and not ok.
I thought the issue was pretty well resolved. We attended a few parties over the holidays and with a watchfull eye followed my son around, where he did a great job in remembering the rules we talked about.
Then last night while at the gym he and another little boy went into the bathroom and proceeded to lick each others privates. HELP!!!! I hear that curiosity is normal, but this seems a little extreme. What more can I do?
I don't know about licking but I would think it is the same thing as poking around down there. I would wonder where he got that idea, did someone tell him about it? Or did he just come up with it himself?

I used to get into trouble and get undressed with the boys to check out there gear about 4 times when i was between 3-4 yrs old with 2 different boys.

Eventually the adults yelled at me and the boys to stop so we did.

But i will tell you it had absolutely NO SEXUAL ASSOCIATION with what we were doing. We had no idea of anything remotely sexual, it was more about the differences between us when peeing and why is your equipment on the outside and i have none at all -because that is what i thought it looked like- i was missing mine.

We were stupid and curious but nothing DEVIANT. Just nosey.

I didn't grow up to be a sex addict or dreg of society, in fact compared to my friends i was a bit of a prude.

Now what i would be more worried about was the girl down the street who kissed and touched all the boys and was basically boy crazy starting at 7-8 yrs old until about 21 yrs old. She wanted to date them all, she ended up being a lesbian and i always wonder if her boy crazyness was because she was really attracted to girls and was figuring that out or what? Because 7 yrs old shouldn't be sexually attracted to anyone yet.

Last edited by Taboo2; 02-04-2009 at 09:37 AM..

Old 02-04-2009, 09:36 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,654 times
Quote:
Let's see those studies.

Please link the study where children who expirement under the age of 6 somehow end up obsessed with sex and become deviants.

Chldren killing animals is NOT what this topic is about so don't bother hijacking this thread with further posts on that topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting