Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 02:45 PM

45 posts, read 48,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I don't feel that way about you. I have followed the thread and understand that you received your childhood education outside of the U.S. I welcome opinions from others who were educated under a different system. Things can always be improved. I'd suggest that if your son's school has an organization for parents to join that allows them to be involved with some of the decisions to be made at your son's school, etc. that you try to join it. You will come to the meetings with a different perspective that could have a positive effect on things. Just be prepared that you will cross the paths of many stubborn parents who are resistant to change, many of whom will never see the forest thru the trees.
Almost forgot to thank you for this post. I appreciate that you value diverse perspectives on education. I know you may also feel that this is a non-issue, but you have been polite, open-minded and constructive.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:59 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2seeker View Post
calm down. This is not a huge life issue for me. It seems the discussion is a huge life issue for you.
You have repeatedly said that this song us going to ruin your sons interest in education....that seems like a huge issue to me.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
You have repeatedly said that this song us going to ruin your sons interest in education....that seems like a huge issue to me.
Which line of what I said makes you think that I said "this song us going to ruin your sons interest in education"?

If you have something constructive to say, great. If you disagree with me, be gentle. I somewhat feel like you are shouting at me. Really not necessary.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Where was that stated?

Old 08-27-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Where was that stated?
His very premise has been that singing this song will tell the child that its okay to dislike school.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
His very premise has been that singing this song will tell the child that its okay to dislike school.
It's quite a leap from there to saying he thinks the song will ruin his kid's education.

I know I'm in the minority here. I know most people, including many I often agree with, think this song is cute and funny. But I have two issues here:

1. It's not really cute and funny to make school seem like the biggest drudgery of all time. The OP has tried to use the smoking analogy, and the main response has been "that's different". Well, how? If making smoking sound desirable is not OK, then why is making school undesirable OK in the name of "humor", mostly for the adults, I'll add. That song a poster posted about shooting the teacher is horrible. No one would allow kids to sing or say that these days. Comparing this song to "Ring Around the Rosie" really IS different. That song shows a kid's way of dealing with the black plague.

2. Why are people simply commenting about the OP to each other? I thought that was against the TOS?

Old 08-27-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Wow. Talking about being over sensitive. First, it is a premise that you injected. I have said it over and over again it is not about the song, but about coming from teachers. You chose to ignore my repeated clarification and act like I don't have the right to express a concern.

Second, even with the distorted premise, it is still thousands miles away from "repeatedly said".

Old 08-27-2014, 03:42 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
2. Why are people simply commenting about the OP to each other? I thought that was against the TOS?

Because they can get away with it. I've reached the conclusion that if you don't **** off one of the tattle tales on here that CD will never know about it.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2seeker View Post
Wow. Talking about being over sensitive. First, it is a premise that you injected. I have said it over and over again it is not about the song, but about coming from teachers. You chose to ignore my repeated clarification and act like I don't have the right to express a concern.

Second, even with the distorted premise, it is still thousands miles away from "repeatedly said".
I fail to see the difference. You think this song....coming from a teacher is going to destroy your child's learning environment and make him think it's okay to not care about education. Most everyone thinks that is hogwash and you can't provide any evidence that supports your view...you just ask the same question over and over. The answer is not going to change. If you don't like the song...pull your kid out.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I fail to see the difference. You think this song....coming from a teacher is going to destroy your child's learning environment and make him think it's okay to not care about education. Most everyone thinks that is hogwash and you can't provide any evidence that supports your view...you just ask the same question over and over. The answer is not going to change. If you don't like the song...pull your kid out.
If you don't like me asking questions here, pull yourself out of the forum. How does that sound?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting