Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 01:22 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,467,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Many are using leave it to beaver standards for 2014. Today we are living in the beginning of the technological age. Throw in a teenage male and yea it can happen.
Yes it can happen/nothing can be 100% controlled in life. With that said, it's a parents responsibility to understand this technology and get with the program. When we have a parent who made the comment "He spends a lot of time on his computer but I had ZERO knowledge of any of this.", are we surprised what happened with a parent who seems to have taken zero steps to monitoring/using some type of "safe" software?

Old 09-13-2014, 02:34 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,314,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
LOL! Send a sociopath into the military, where he'll be given a gun and the freedom to kill people from other countries.

You must be the world's single most qualified "parentologist."
after re reading the post I didn't see where parentologist said to send him into the military (at 15?) she said military SCHOOL. As in a private boarding school with military aspects. which costs a pretty penny.

maybe i missed the sending him into the military part.

Old 09-13-2014, 04:00 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
An outlandish story.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:23 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
any kid smart enough to have strung several women along for some time would be smart enough NOT to send his real address. .

Last edited by no kudzu; 09-13-2014 at 08:42 PM..

Old 09-13-2014, 09:13 PM

477 posts, read 800,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I'm torn on how to feel about this. If it were my kid, I'd lose it...they would be in SO MUCH TROUBLE. Not once would I let on to my son that there was anything amusing about it.

But as illustrated in some recent events with one of mine...how one approaches things with one's kid and how one feels about it in a conversation among adults might be two different things.

On the inside and nowhere in my boy's hearing, I would probably have a different reaction...part humor and part hoping that the "victims" learn something. I'm sorry, I know we are NEVER supposed to blame a victim for anything ever...but there has GOT to be a sane middle ground in the world between holding culprits ultimately responsible, yet not being so naive as to invite havoc and ruin upon yourself.

It's like I say... I would never park a fancy car, unlocked, on a street in a bad part of town with a pile of cash and jewelry on the back seat in plain view, and expect nothing to happen to it. Does that mean that a thief is justified in stealing it? No...it means I have a little common sense. I apply that sort of logic to many areas in life. And people need to know better than to just trust people on the internet.

"Bonjour!"
It is very wrong to trick a person in this manner. I don't understand why these women were sending him things? Without even speaking to him on the phone. That lady could have went to met him and gotten herself killed. That happened a few years ago. A med student was putting out sex ads on craigslist and murdered the women who replied.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:20 PM

477 posts, read 800,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
This lady is stupid as hell for not verifying Lindell's identity. Like, how about having do webcam chat to verify that he indeed is a ripped black firefighter?

I actually would give credit to your son for being this good of a liar, and tell the lady to work her own damn marriage and stop being so gullible online and thinking her fantasies can come true without any proof. Moron.
She's probably mentally unstable or depressed. This sort of thing is very common. What usually happens is the guy is legit (because these women areen't looking for some dream boat), but either abusive to them and the children or molests the children.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:00 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,053,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smommaof3 View Post
She's probably mentally unstable or depressed. This sort of thing is very common. What usually happens is the guy is legit (because these women areen't looking for some dream boat), but either abusive to them and the children or molests the children.
Not blaming the victim, but at the same time, like someone else said:

If I leave my Rolls Royce with the windows down and my valuables in plain sight, it may not excuse the thieves, but it certainly don't make me a very smart cookie, now do it???

Old 09-13-2014, 10:55 PM

310 posts, read 685,948 times
I think that it's great that the enterprising young man figured out how to get something for nothing.

However, I feel that this story is straight out of Fantasyland. Lots of things don't make sense and don't add up. But it was good for entertainment, so thanks for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting