Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 01:16 PM

11 posts, read 10,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whykatiedid View Post
What does it matter if she finds herself in a relationship with a man after a few years and why would the OP feel regret? Her DD won't be damaged for her future male partner for being in an earlier relationship with a female!

Ah well my DD is strong-willed and I doubt she will be damaged if she decides on a male partner in the future, but I believe she will always be gay. I asked her recently if she has ever remotely had the interest of dating guys and she said nope "they are *******s" she said and I said not all of them are like that, some may be awkward and not know how to approach a girl, something like that. I don't have any sons to back me up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 04:00 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
16 is too young for having sex in your room with a boyfriend/girlfriend. Gay or straight doesn't matter. It's just not acceptable.
I agree, 16 is definitely too young (especially with a younger sibling) . BTW, some/many/? parents have house rules against even adult children, who are not married or in a committed relationship, having sex with others in their home. Just because a child turns 18 or 21 or whatever age it does not mean that their parent should allow things that are against their values to take place in the family home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eris2011 View Post
Thank you - I did have a serious talk with my DD and my husband present, just the three of us while my husband's DD was at her friend's. My DD understands now - whenever her girlfriend comes to visit, we will put her girlfriend at my friend's home which is nearby for sleeping over - my friend is fine with it. That is the best solution we all could come up with as long as there is a younger child in our house. I also advised my husband for he and I to talk with his DD for when the time comes about sex when she is a full fledged teenager! I told my DD my husband's concern for his DD (and me as well, yes in spite of my being okay with my daughter being gay) needed to be respected.
You can understand and accept that your child is homosexual, bisexual or heterosexual without allowing open sexually, of any type, in your home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
This is overkill. She doesn't need to sleep in a different building. Just a separate room. The sofa is fine if you don't have a guest room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting