Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 10:55 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonsuburbs View Post
Yes I was thinking of having it outside in a gym for kids or a meuseum . I have never invited the whole class so far. I am not even sure if this is the norm

We've been to parties where either only girls were invited or the entire class was invited but it was always outside the home. How many kids? I think once you go over 10-15 kids it can sometimes get chaotic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 11:06 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
So my child just moved to a new area and new school, since she does not have any friends that she will pick to celebrate her birthday with , is it a good idea to invite the whole class?
Just take some cupcakes to her classroom for all the kids.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:16 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Just take some cupcakes to her classroom for all the kids.
That is not allowed in many school any more.
Fear of allergies, crackdown on junk, etc, sucked all the fun out of birthdays....

Last edited by Pitt Chick; 10-09-2014 at 11:37 AM..

Old 10-09-2014, 11:19 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,082 times
Quote:
So my child just moved to a new area and new school, since she does not have any friends that she will pick to celebrate her birthday with , is it a good idea to invite the whole class?
Yes do it. Three years ago I am also new to this area where I live now. I invited my daughter's whole bunch of girls to party. we went to the film puss in boots together with 10 girls and had happy meal lunch from MacDonald, That gave big courage to have friends. I did only the whole set of girls. I also send the treat to whole class too. Till now she has many friends.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:27 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times
I invited the whole class to my son's 6th or 7th birthday party. It was warm and could be outside. One girl had to come in to use the bathroom. I'm an artist and there are paintings hung throughout the house. When this girl's mother came to pick her up, the girl ran across the yard yelling about the nekkid picture hanging on the wall in that house. It was so funny! That kid was surely in a den of iniquity!

Old 10-09-2014, 11:39 AM

2,779 posts, read 5,500,038 times
If she's new and hasn't made particular friends yet you could always invite just all the girls. In most classes that wouldn't be more than 10 kids and figure 2 or 3 won't be able to make it and then it's quite manageable.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:40 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,933,155 times
One of our girl's 1st grade classmates invited the entire class (about 20 people) to a simple party held in the playground across from the school. They said "no gifts, please" and supplied juice and pizza. The party consisted of kids playing on the swings and stuff. This is my ideal for what a party should be about.

Now she's in 4th grade, and I'm trying to put a stop to the gift thing, which I hate. We're going to rent a cheap hall, get a friend to play some fiddle music, get another friend to call some square dances, and she can invite her whole class, plus her Sunday school class, plus whoever else she wants. 40-50 kids would be great! We'll get a bunch of pizzas and juice, not a big expense, and of course no gifts. Maybe we'll go to the dollar store and get some bags of baubles to give out as party favors, or maybe not.

A party should be about people, not about things.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:46 AM

4,692 posts, read 3,472,283 times
We invited the whole class for my son's sixth birthday party, he was in kindergarten. We had it at our house, outside. We rented a tent for shade or in case of rain and rented a bounce house. We got cheap crafts at Oriental Trading to help keep them busy. Like you we were fairly new to the area. Also my son is autistic so making close friends was/is hard for him. This was a nice way for him to be like other kids. So figure it's nice for those kids who usually don't get included. In the area I live it seems common up to first grade or so to invite them all as it seemed like every week he had an invite to a party.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:52 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
my daughter was telling me that my granddaughters teacher said that if the invites were handed out at school they had to invite the whole class because they are concerned about some kids feelings getting hurt for not being invited ...really ? the nerve of these school administrators telling ppl how they should do things . yeah my daughter did ask if she could send cupcakes , treat bags etc since her bday is so close to Halloween and the teacher told my daughter no it was not allowed anymore . So I think my daughter is going to do the party at a local park no fuss no muss sort of thing . She will serve chips and punch and cake and that is it . I think that will be a nice party . I think if you invite the whole class you will have trouble handling all those kids unless some parents come as well and from prior exp that will not be very many parents .

Old 10-09-2014, 12:15 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
my daughter was telling me that my granddaughters teacher said that if the invites were handed out at school they had to invite the whole class because they are concerned about some kids feelings getting hurt for not being invited ...really ? the nerve of these school administrators telling ppl how they should do things .
Well, yeah. They DO have the right to say how things are done in their school.

Don't want the whole class?
Don't hand out invitations in school....
simple really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting